X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dishwasher Drain, No Disposal

this is a trap adaptor Plumbingskool. Your diagram seemed a little bit off. Not to mention not to code, not that that matters for a computer programmer doing plumbing work. Any way, the two solutions are 1- install a garbage disposer and don't forget to knock out the knock out plug. or 2 install a tailpiece with wye to receive the dishwasher discharge. Make sure you loop the hose up as high as you can under the sink so it doesn't siphon water back to the appliance or use an airgap.
    Bingo!
    If you do get a garbae disposer, make sure you also buy the power cord for it. Yes plumbers have to be electricians as well.
    BTW pictures would be more helpful than that diagram.
    Last edited by mtnman1100; 05-24-2008, 12:54 AM.
    ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Does this help?
      No garbage disposer setup. you can also trim the pipes to fit properly. The 2 is the dishwasher discharge hose.
      ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnman1100 View Post

Does this help?
        No garbage disposer setup. you can also trim the pipes to fit properly. The 2 is the dishwasher discharge hose.
        There seem to be a few problems with your picture. There should be a 3/4" feed to the hot side as the dishwasher needs its own 1/2" feed line. Maybe an overkill, but I usually find myself running 3/4" both hot and cold to the sink and then using a 3/4" x 1/2" x 1/2" tee to reduce down for my stops. There should also be an air hammer arrester on the cold side for later when they decide to add an icemaker. Thirdly, he has a sink w/two basins and the height of the trap arm will not allow him to use the dishwasher tailpiece in a vertical application.
        Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
          There seem to be a few problems with your picture. There should be a 3/4" feed to the hot side as the dishwasher needs its own 1/2" feed line. Maybe an overkill, but I usually find myself running 3/4" both hot and cold to the sink and then using a 3/4" x 1/2" x 1/2" tee to reduce down for my stops. There should also be an air hammer arrester on the cold side for later when they decide to add an icemaker. Thirdly, he has a sink w/two basins and the height of the trap arm will not allow him to use the dishwasher tailpiece in a vertical application.

The ice maker could be satelited to a location far enough away from the sink to justify it's own supply and recessed box and stop.

Man,3/4" to kitchen cold.That is some low water pressure

Comment

Working...
          X