X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: slope on vent piping

so what do you do if the local code requires something like copper for waste lines? i remember an older episode of TOH where an old church in San Francisco was remodelled into a yuppie palace. the site plumber was interviewed by the TOH plumber and i am relativley sure the site plumber noted that copper was required for waste lines in his area. wouldn't a 3 or 4" copper fitting be difficult to heat and bend or "fudge"(use play within the fitting) to achieve the required pitch?
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
      so what do you do if the local code requires something like copper for waste lines? i remember an older episode of TOH where an old church in San Francisco was remodelled into a yuppie palace. the site plumber was interviewed by the TOH plumber and i am relativley sure the site plumber noted that copper was required for waste lines in his area. wouldn't a 3 or 4" copper fitting be difficult to heat and bend or "fudge"(use play within the fitting) to achieve the required pitch?
      I'm thinking the DWV sockets for 3-4" are the same as 1-1/2 and 2" with the socket tolerences being a lot more forgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        After 20-years of doing Construction Litigation I have never seen a Plaintiff make the claim. At 1/4" per foot you can hardly tell it happened but when a non-plumber "plumber" decides if a 1/4" is good 3/4" is three times better you have a problem.

Mark
        Note to self:
        Self...Make sure Utah's on your side when you're heading into a petty suit.

Comment

Lol, sorry Finer, but I was only messing with you. We don't use our torches and heat fittings to bend them.
          Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

in Sf yes all dwv lines have to be either ci or copper/ we generally dont use large copper fittings for w/c's or stacks or things of that nature we'll use coppper dwv for lav sink lines/ kit sink lines / laundry lines and vents then tie into ci via transition band all of our stacks are ci / in san francisco county you can only use plastic abs dwv for small single level residental

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              Note to self:
              Self...Make sure Utah's on your side when you're heading into a petty suit.
              All kidding aside you know I've got your back if you ever need me for anything.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark
                Thank-You Mark
                I kindof get the feeling you're looking out for all of us in one way or another.
                That means a lot to me.
                ADAM

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                  Lol, sorry Finer, but I was only messing with you. We don't use our torches and heat fittings to bend them.
                  It's all good...now if ya don't mind...couldya help me get the hook outta my mouth?
                  I was about to blast ya till I saw your last post.

As far as pitch on venting...I pitch according to the pipes diameter, same as drainage.
                  As for flat venting, screw that...as Rick points out...not a good idea at all to have standing water.

Comment

Mark
                    i'll let you know when it's time to move my shop.

i need some guys with a strong back and a weak mind

adam, the offer goes for you too

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      i'll let you know when it's time to move my shop.

i need some guys with a strong back and a weak mind

adam, the offer goes for you too

rick.
                      Rick that's rude!
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                        Rick that's rude!
                        No harm no foul. Remember what we said about the kids who ride the short bus.

Mark

Comment

No harm no foul. Remember what we said about the kids who ride the short bus.

Mark
                          Yes, but we still need to try to teach them right from wrong
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Yes, but we still need to try to teach them right from wrong
                            That is very true however I firmly believe we should let them think they are playing on a level playing field so they will be easier to transition into mainstream society at a later date.

Mark

Comment

That is very true however I firmly believe we should let them think they are playing on a level playing field so they will be easier to transition into mainstream society at a later date.

Mark
                              Yes. But in order to do so, some basic social skills will need to be learned.
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Yes. But in order to do so, some basic social skills will need to be learned.
                                I suppose you're right but you are much more patient than I am. I just cannot see him ever learning social skills. Must I remind you teaching him to make chocolate milk shakes with a blender did not work out all that well.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X