Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Washing Machine Drain Standpipe

Originally posted by aero1 View Post
    i like to stay at least 10 pipe diameters downstream from the nearest connection to prevent sudsing.

here, it is 8'
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
      here, it is 8'
      you know the interesting thing was that requirement used to be in the code book, and now i cant recall if its even covered, i will look tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by aero1 View Post
        i like to stay at least 10 pipe diameters downstream from the nearest connection to prevent sudsing.
        Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
        here, it is 8'
        I decided to copy my code, so you guys didn't think I'm on crack...
        "
        (e) Laundries in Multi-Story Buildings.
        1. Where laundries are installed in buildings with more than three Branch intervals, laundries shall be connected to an independent laundry stack.
        2. The independent laundry stacks shall connect to a independent laundry main drain.
        3. The independent laundry main drain shall connect to the building drain a minimum of 40 pipe diameters upstream and downstream of any soil or waste stack."
        Of course, thats for a multiple story building, on a single family, I prioritize it as close to the main outlet as possible, second only to ejector pumps.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
          I decided to copy my code, so you guys didn't think I'm on crack...
          "

(e) Laundries in Multi-Story Buildings.
          1. Where laundries are installed in buildings with more than three Branch intervals, laundries shall be connected to an independent laundry stack.
          2. The independent laundry stacks shall connect to a independent laundry main drain.
          3. The independent laundry main drain shall connect to the building drain a minimum of 40 pipe diameters upstream and downstream of any soil or waste stack."
          Of course, thats for a multiple story building, on a single family, I prioritize it as close to the main outlet as possible, second only to ejector pumps.

Ducky? our ducky?, crack, naw, never there buddy,

40 pipe diameters = what in feet???

I like the UPC, it tells me straight out. but then again, you guy's size to bathroom groups, so that might be easier.

sigpic

Robert

Comment

Around here it is a minimum 1 1/2" drain for a wash machine, but the newer wash machines are starting to require a minimum 2" standpipe to handle the higher discharges. From a practical standpoint it makes sense to run 2" and stay downstream from the base of the stack 10 times the pipe diameter of the stack.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbducky View Post
              Around here it is a minimum 1 1/2" drain for a wash machine, but the newer wash machines are starting to require a minimum 2" standpipe to handle the higher discharges. From a practical standpoint it makes sense to run 2" and stay downstream from the base of the stack 10 times the pipe diameter of the stack.
              Same here on the 1-1/2", I also agree with the 2"...I'd wager it's in the next book we print.

Comment

Working...
              X