X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cost of new sewer line and lift pump

How much does it cost to have a new sewer line and a lift pump put in? Just a ballpark figure will be much appreciated.

Re: cost of new sewer line and lift pump

1 Billion Dollars!!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

2-20 grand
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

There is no "ballpark" for a lift pump and sewer line. You are asking for an impossible answer based on the information you gave.

How long is the run?
        What's in the way?
        Where is it located?
        What kind of lift pump?
        What size sewer line?
        What type pipe?

Get the point.

Has anyone given you a quote for the work you would like done?

J.C.

Comment

If the estimates are more than $2 million...gimme a call, you're getting robbed!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
            1 Billion Dollars!!!!
            Wow! Your rates have really gone up since you became a civil engineer.
            The Other Rick

Comment

What county do you want me to pump it to?

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                There is no "ballpark" for a lift pump and sewer line. You are asking for an impossible answer based on the information you gave.

How long is the run?
                What's in the way?
                Where is it located?
                What kind of lift pump?
                What size sewer line?
                What type pipe?

Get the point.

Has anyone given you a quote for the work you would like done?

J.C.
                I have been given a quote of $6200. I was advised that the quote was a little high. The trench for the line to connect to the city's line is approx. 150 feet. There is nothing in the way. The pump is the kind that chews things up and pumps into a 2 inch line. There will be a 4 inch line coming from the house to the pump and tank. I believe pvc pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by beachlover2 View Post
                  I have been given a quote of $6200. I was advised that the quote was a little high. The trench for the line to connect to the city's line is approx. 150 feet. There is nothing in the way. The pump is the kind that chews things up and pumps into a 2 inch line. There will be a 4 inch line coming from the house to the pump and tank. I believe pvc pipe.
                  Around here, $6,200 would be a bargain for that job

I would charge that much for the trench alone

Comment

We have tried to tell others to get three onsite bids on anything.
                    Can you imagine calling someone on the phone to give an estimate on painting your house?

If a guy were to try to "PITCH" a price over the phone I would more than likely view him as someone who cannot be trusted.How can he possibly price without all the variables.There are too many risks with site unseen.Very unprofessional.

We may seem to tease a little much.We've been burned a lot by investing resources into someone who wants something for nothing.

Comment

Hands is right. Get 3 people in your area to look at it. And don't be afraid to pay for an estimate.

One final note, visible things might not be in the way, but things underground can be everywhere.

J.C.

Comment

This was an on site bid. We have two more people coming to take a look tomorrow. The head of the city waterboard said he though it was high for what had to be done. I live in central Alabama. The trench is for a 2 inch pipe. The waterboard people were out here also. We have already done the "check before you dig" rule.
                        Last edited by beachlover2; 05-28-2008, 08:29 PM.

Comment

This was an on site bid. We have two more people coming to take a look tomorrow. The head of the city waterboard said he though it was high for what had to be done. I live in central Alabama. The trench is for a 2 inch pipe. The waterboard people were out here also. We have already done the "check before you dig" rule.
                          I thought I was done posting on this but I had to chime in on this post. The head of the city waterboard is not in business to do this right?

So he does not have an idea of real costs. Has he priced an excavator, trencher, or backhoe lately? Insurance? Licensing? OSHA requirements?

For your area it might be high, cheap, or right on. Good Luck.

J.C.

Comment

$6200 if the pit and trenching was done by others would probably be a good price around here (from what you are telling us)

Comment

I love when people say, "that sounds a bit high!" Higher than what??? If you don't have another bid, then you have nothing realistic to compare it to.
                              High and low are arbitrary terms without a comparison.
                              $6200 could be the lowest price in town for the job as specified, or it could be the highest...find out.

Also asking, "How much is a sewer and pump?" is like asking, "how much is a house?" It depends on the house and who build it and what materiasl were used, and the location...etc,etc.
                              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...
                              X