X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Help

3 month ago I bought RIDGID Ridgid 1 HP Submersible Sump Pump. But now I see it sucking water out but Pump is not stoping its just keep running. Even thought there is no whater. I tried to clean the sansor but still not working I need help

THank you

Re: I Need Help

This definitely is an indication of a float switch problem. Not that familiar with the Ridgid pumps, but I have known many pumps with magnetic float switches to have problems. You may consider installing a tethered float switch. If it already has a tethered float switch make sure it is not catching anywhere on the basin. Also assure that this pump has an air vent, or drill a small hole 1/8" on the discharge outlet near the base of the pump (before the check valve) to keep this pump from becoming air locked.
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

It's crap, take it back to home depot and get a zoeller
      sigpic

Comment

switches are normally a pumps weak link, replace the switch, and hopefully with a better than the factory unit.
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
        X