X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice

ever time I do h w I have a problem with the union sweet 3/4 it drips not at the sweet at the treads should i put the bass with the flow and the copper against it ,or am i just over tight it drive me nuts

Re: advice

Originally posted by metx View Post
    ever time I do h w I have a problem with the union sweet 3/4 it drips not at the sweet at the treads should i put the bass with the flow and the copper against it ,or am i just over tight it drive me nuts
    Please review your spelling and grammar and retype because it is very hard to understand what you are trying to ask

Comment

With the right bait, you can indeed catch some sweet bass...as long as you tread lightly.

Comment

Anywhere you have a brass/brass connection, or a brass/copper connection, be sure to use some TFE paste on the contact (flare) surfaces. This will probably take care of the problems you are having.
        Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Wa Wa wa What!
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry about the grammar . Whenever I use a brass/copper union I get a little leak right at the treads. So i then tighten and it and it didn't' stop ,I some times have to replace the union .I put the brass side to the flow .

Comment

You must be picking up chinese or korean made fittings. A quality fitting will not leak and requires no pipe dope between mating surfaces.
              sigpic

Comment

are you positive that you arent getting any solder on the mating surfaces of the union?

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  You must be picking up chinese or korean made fittings. A quality fitting will not leak and requires no pipe dope between mating surfaces.
                  Hmmmmm, I always use a little pipe dope on the mating surfaces of any metal to metal union, whether it be copper flare, black unions, compression fittings. Better to be safe than sorry I suppose. Have seen too many fittings leak without it. Maybe I should be buying from a different supplier.
                  Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
                    Hmmmmm, I always use a little pipe dope on the mating surfaces of any metal to metal union, whether it be copper flare, black unions, compression fittings. Better to be safe than sorry I suppose. Have seen too many fittings leak without it. Maybe I should be buying from a different supplier.
                    Of course you do.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                      Of course you do.
                      couldnt say it better myself!

Comment

Maybe your not lined up? Are you relying on the union to pull everything toghether??

You need to spell "Plumber" right buddy, You Have "Plummer"

No solder in the flange part of the fitting either. No overheating also. always let cool before you screw it toghether
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

The mating surfaces of the union require no pipe dope or pipe thread to seal the union. The seal is entirely dependent on the ground joint mating surfaces. You may use a drop of oil to lubricate the threads as you tighten the joint. Use of pipe joint on the mating surfaces increases the chance of contamination getting into faucets and appliances and in the case of a gas valve could be disasterous.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                            Maybe your not lined up? Are you relying on the union to pull everything toghether??

You need to spell "Plumber" right buddy, You Have "Plummer"

No solder in the flange part of the fitting either. No overheating also. always let cool before you screw it toghether
                            Look...MR...
                            It's "PLUMMAH" where I come from...got that?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                              The mating surfaces of the union require no pipe dope or pipe thread to seal the union. The seal is entirely dependent on the ground joint mating surfaces. You may use a drop of oil to lubricate the threads as you tighten the joint. Use of pipe joint on the mating surfaces increases the chance of contamination getting into faucets and appliances and in the case of a gas valve could be disasterous.
                              Just makes me wonder, over the course of 15 years, how many teflon & doped flanges are out there in MI.

Maybe I should just be nice, go along with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X