X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixing leaks found under test

Under water/air pressure test, I've found two leaks in my foundation plumbing system, where abs components join, and where it's inconvenient to cut the pipe out and replace it. What do professional plumbers do in this situation? Is there a specific bonding/or caulking material (stronger than the abs glue) I can apply at the leaky junctures to fix the leaks, and where is it available?

Re: fixing leaks found under test

Originally posted by michael robertson View Post
    Under water/air pressure test, I've found two leaks in my foundation plumbing system, where abs components join, and where it's inconvenient to cut the pipe out and replace it. What do professional plumbers do in this situation? Is there a specific bonding/or caulking material (stronger than the abs glue) I can apply at the leaky junctures to fix the leaks, and where is it available?
    There is nothing you can do other than cutting out the bad joints and replacing them. The ABS cement actually melts the two pieces together as all the glue is is a blend on MEK and either virgin or regrind ABS. It is the ONLY approved method of joining ABS.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Get a shop vac. Pull vaccuum on the system and apply more glue at the same time to the leaking fittings.

You did'nt hear this from me

but it usually works.
      sigpic

Comment

I have not tried the shopvac method but if you have two leaks in your underground plumbing I would have to question the whole job. If this is a job that is going to be inspected I would seriously think about calling a professional plumber in your area even if to just check on the work you have done. Believe me it will be a lot less expensive than having to redo everything once a plumbing inspector has failed the work you have allready done

Comment

Working...
        X