Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water backs up the drain

Hello,
    I used to have a drain in my floor that went ouside to the yard for my washer. I was tired of the water coming up the drain during heavy rains so I ran a new drain and pout cement in the drain in the floor. So I now have a problem with backup and the washer makes a mess on the floor. I will try to expalin what I have put I will also try to provide a diagram.
    Attached Files

Re: Water backs up the drain

Originally posted by jaredogden View Post
    Hello,
    I used to have a drain in my floor that went ouside to the yard for my washer. I was tired of the water coming up the drain during heavy rains so I ran a new drain and pout cement in the drain in the floor. So I now have a problem with backup and the washer makes a mess on the floor. I will try to expalin what I have put I will also try to provide a diagram.
    That looks like a long way without a vent of any sort. Also make sure you are using 2" pipe.
    Last edited by Devine Plumbing; 06-09-2008, 05:13 PM.
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Even with 2" you can only run 6' before you have to vent.
      sigpic

Comment

Looking at your diagram you either have double trapped the drain or you have a wye fitting that is upside down. There is no vent at all on the line . you might want to use an Air addmittance valve. In my area you can not run a washer to the lawn either it should run into the sanitary sewer or septic. You might want to contact a plumber in your area to do the job properly

Comment

what size pipe are you tied into that is going to the lav? If it is smaller than 2" it is way under sized. In Ohio you have to size the washing machine by the gallons pumped just like a sump pump, not sure if that would be the case for you but i would at least try to have 3" to the Y where you come off for the laundry and run 3" to where you turn up through the concrete. You will also have to add a vent, either tie it back into the vent for the lav or use a AAV. If you choose to install a AAV try to place it as high as possible in the room as to keep the lint from the dryer from fouling up the components.
          ________
          Honda Civic Si
          Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 04:04 PM.
          Mike

Comment

Working...
          X