Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Straight pipe water heater or use flex hose

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
    Only a few people at this forum actually work for Ridgid, I (and the other plumbers) don't work for them and we are not officially associated with the company, so why would you return a Ridgid tool based on a personal disagreement? It makes no sense.
    I know that you and other plumbers do not work for ridgid. You seem like a young guy and you probably haven't owned a company yet. This forum is associated with ridgid. In the perception of consumer's minds, anything that comes off of these forums adds or subtracts to the perceived perception of Ridgid products. This forum was solely created to drive more sales. As far as your question goes, a consumer that dislikes any part of a company (including its forum or website) loses perception of value of the company's products. Why back a company that you do not agree with? Subconsciously or consciously consumers do it ever day. They also pass it on through word of mouth. For example, if I'm at a friends house and notice they have a ridgid drill, I might say why didn't you get a Dewalt?

Comment

Originally posted by navysuit View Post
      I have to disagree. It makes no mention of professional only. I carpenter isn't going to be much better off installing a water heater than a DIYer. The ask the plumbing expert is a place where a (any) person can ask an expert. The professional forum is for apprentices and experts. Ridgid does not advertise this forum to professionals only.

I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with as I never said DIY could not ask questions in the "As the Expert" forum. The difference between our perceptions of what the forum is for is you seem to be implying it is a DIY only forum which it clearly is not.

Either way I am through with this thread and I wish you luck with your project.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
        PLEASE don't ask Rick. Rick PLEASE don't answer. It may make me

Ignorance is bliss
        lifetime $$$,$$$.$$

rick.

not a real answer, as you don't know if it's a 1 or 2 in front

phoebe it is

Comment

That disclaimer is to alleviate or mitigate potential liability issue for Ridgid. You have a lot to learn about business. I'm sure you will learn it with time.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark
            Wow! Even the voice of reason has given up
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with as I never said DIY could not ask questions in the "As the Expert" forum. The difference between our perceptions of what the forum is for is you seem to be implying it is a DIY only forum which it clearly is not.

Mark
              I don't think this forum was intended for professionals only. You make it sound like DIYers are not welcomed, which is not the case. DIYers are just as welcome as professionals.

Comment

I know that you and other plumbers do not work for ridgid. You seem like a young guy and you probably haven't owned a company yet. This forum is associated with ridgid. In the perception of consumer's minds, anything that comes off of these forums adds or subtracts to the perceived perception of Ridgid products. This forum was solely created to drive more sales. As far as your question goes, a consumer that dislikes any part of a company (including its forum or website) loses perception of value of the company's products. Why back a company that you do not agree with? Subconsciously or consciously consumers do it ever day. They also pass it on through word of mouth. For example, if I'm at a friends house and notice they have a ridgid drill, I might say why didn't you get a Dewalt?
                I own my own company, but anyway....

I am just one person who randomly found this website, and happens to post frequently here. If you associate me with the company who hosts the website, thats your mistake.
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

That disclaimer is to alleviate or mitigate potential liability issue for Ridgid. You have a lot to learn about business. I'm sure you will learn it with time.
                  Oh thanks, that makes me feel better.

Comment

I own my own company, but anyway....

I am just one person who randomly found this website, and happens to post frequently here. If you associate me with the company who hosts the website, thats your mistake.

When did I associate you with a company who hosts the website? I believe you unknowingly run off diyers. Do not click on ask the expert. It isn't that hard. Just stick with the pro forum. If you own your own business, you still have a lot to learn. Embrace concepts as they will bring you more business and make you more successful.

Comment

Oh thanks, that makes me feel better.
                      I'm just telling you what it is there for. It is not my fault you couldn't comprehend it.

Comment

Does anyone else have a sudden craving for popcorn?
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                          Does anyone else have a sudden craving for popcorn?
                          No, I can't afford it. I have to learn a lot about business first. Then, maybe someday, I'll be able to afford things like popcorn. And I just might even be able to afford to hire a professional to install equipment in my home. Someday...

Comment

No, I can't afford it. I have to learn a lot about business first. Then, maybe someday, I'll be able to afford things like popcorn. And I just might even be able to afford to hire a professional to install equipment in my home. Someday...
                            This is the wrong attitude.

You are such a good business person, you are bathing in popcorn! When you plug your line you will snake it yourself. When you don't get around to it fast enough, your wife will call a professional
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Anyway, good night guys! Sleep tight and sweet dreams!

Comment

I didn't even notice that. THIS IS A DIY FORUM. Why the resistance? If guys like service guy and others don't like chatting with DIYers or think it is too dangerous, just bite your tongue and stay out. You are ruining this forum. No other forum gives this much flak for asking diy questions. Ridgid is losing potential profits because of this. They should be made aware of it. I just bought some tubing cutters today. I might return them and buy lowes brand tomorrow.
                                here's the problem. DIY'ers come on the site for advice, which is fine. But often they don't like the advice they are given. Usually because they don't want to spend the money or the time to do the job right. So the quibble over every little thing. If you hire a professional to do the job, he will do the job to code because he has to. His licence and ultimatly his job are at stake. Very few DIY'ers will bother to get a permit and have the job inspected. Will you? Probably not but a profession will. Why? because if there is a problem with the installation, he needs to correct it and make sure everything is done to code so that if something goes wrong, you won;t be able to sue the crap out of him. That's why you need the pan. To cover your *** when you make the insurance claim. It's all about liability. That's why it costs what it does to hire a pro. Because it will get done right. Which gives you, the homeowner, piece of mind.

The so called dielectric nipples do not isolate water from two dissimilar metals. The manufacturese tout them as being dielectric, but I've seen many of them hopelessly corroded. A true dirlectric union totally isolates the dissimilar metals. And they are not that expensive, so why take the chance. As for your drain pan, if you can't get a proper drain location, put a pan alarm in it. About 25 bucks.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X