Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water Heater pilot cover (door)

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
    Agreed! I wouldn't hire myself. What are my crazy customers thinking?
    My guess is they think they are hiring a properly Licensed Contractor and they are dealing directly with the owner, instead of someone without the proper education and experience necessary to assure a quality job.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Try going to the scrap yard and seeing if any of them are the same type you use. Just ask the guy if you can have one and give him a 5. Take 2 mins to get the old one off. Fabricating your own might work but remeber that these are also designed to block flame rollout. You'd probably feel real bad if your house caught fire because you tried to same a couple bucks. You'd feel even worse if your family died because you were trying to save a couple bucks.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

You don't have to live in MI to call the MI plumbing board, as well as Jackson town hall.
        I'd have felt bad for this guy if he were smart enough to keep a low profile...yet here he is again.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Try going to the scrap yard and seeing if any of them are the same type you use. Just ask the guy if you can have one and give him a 5. Take 2 mins to get the old one off. Fabricating your own might work but remeber that these are also designed to block flame rollout. You'd probably feel real bad if your house caught fire because you tried to same a couple bucks. You'd feel even worse if your family died because you were trying to save a couple bucks.
          Under no circumstances should you go to the scrap yard. The heaters in the scrap yard are there for a reason. It is of paramount importance that you contact the company, to get the correct door for your application. Make sure you have both your model number and serial number handy as there is a good chance this door is specific to the year of manufacture.
          Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

I'm talking about getting the door, not a heater. No one replaces away a wh because of a missing cover plate. Oh wait, you do..... Sorry cheap shot. But seriously, a piece like the door should be no problem pulling off an old water heater as long as the brands are same. I would feel alot better about someone doing this than making their own.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

So now we have this conversation running on two threads at the same time?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
                Under no circumstances should you go to the scrap yard. The heaters in the scrap yard are there for a reason. It is of paramount importance that you contact the company, to get the correct door for your application. Make sure you have both your model number and serial number handy as there is a good chance this door is specific to the year of manufacture.
                Now theres a 180 for ya, first its make a new door out of eggshells and ducktape, then its get a model # and serial#, make up your mind.
                The Other Rick

Comment

Really believes he knows what he's doin'

J.C.

Comment

can every one do me a favor do not quote devine plumbing i have on my ignore list so i do not have to see his BS replies ,but if you quote him it does not block it and then i have to see it

so thanks for keeping me happy
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Just because Devine is not licensed doesnt mean he doesn't know what he's doing. Think of all the journeymen that work for a master. Those guys are out representing the companies they work for. Cut the guy some slack. He shouldnt be doing work for himself but it doesnt mean he cant plumb.BTW I think hes pulling everyones chain.

Comment

Gentlemen, I believe the original question had something to do with a door for a gas water heater. The relative merits of licensing should probably be moved or made on the Devine has no license thread, which is incidentaley the longest ( and most innane) thread in Ridgid history.
                        sigpic

Comment

Can I be the one to close this thread, as we all now know what to do in the event of a missing door on a water heater?

Comment

I need a blower for a 78' chevy

what color

blue

hooooooooooooold on!
                            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                              I need a blower for a 78' chevy

what color

blue

hooooooooooooold on!
                              wrong forum, LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X