Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

washing machine drains, water in toilet will gurgle.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: washing machine drains, water in toilet will gurgle.

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    The penthouse suite has four patios,at least two of them flood the vallet guys out right in front of the entrance of the building
    when I was running water out onto the main drains.

The building's original plumbing contractor has got the mains and overflows crossed.Every time it rains they have to rig up some kind of micky mouse garden hose contraptions on the overflows in front of the entrance.Can you imagine spending millions on your shell of a unit and not being able to washdown or water plants on your patio?

This guy has a license...Yank it till he starts putting in plumbing like it means something!!!!

This guy is generally a pretty good contractor so I wonder what happened to him. Do me a favor and keep track of the things you find.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

The penthouse suite has four patios,at least two of them flood the vallet guys out right in front of the entrance of the building
      when I was running water out onto the main drains.

The building's original plumbing contractor has got the mains and overflows crossed.Every time it rains they have to rig up some kind of micky mouse garden hose contraptions on the overflows in front of the entrance.Can you imagine spending millions on your shell of a unit and not being able to washdown or water plants on your patio?

This guy has a license...Yank it till he starts putting in plumbing like it means something!!!!
      That's a good uh bad story. I know prints can be wrong but how does this happen with prints/plan approval, the plumbers experience, AND inspections???

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        That's a good uh bad story. I know prints can be wrong but how does this happen with prints/plan approval, the plumbers experience, AND inspections???

J.C.
        The plumber just gets lost swapping,flipping,dodging up around and upside down through walls,chases,drops,shafts and corridors.I can see how a slob who doesn't care can screw up.
        Plans only cover about 1/3 the variables one needs to contend with for getting from point "A" to point "B".And these are the ones drawn by good architects.

How many times has an inspector checked your routing to make sure you got cold to the toilet?
        They don't have time to make sure my shoes are tied.

Comment

Agreed with most Adam. But me personally would worry to death about the drainage before everything gets closed up.

J.C.

Comment

What in the world is this plumbing co. going to do? There is pretty much no "magic" to get DWV operating properly after the fact.

What's the plan?

J.C.

Comment

They don't have time to make sure my shoes are tied.
              NOBODY has that kind of time! Your shoes are never tied
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Adam ties his shoes?

I thought he wore those Keebler Elves shoes like Rick.

J.C.

Comment

Sorry about your husband . My wife has medical issues and is a cancer surviver also so I can relate to what you are going through. These guys are correct you need to call a drain cleaner or a plumber to take care of this problem as there is no simple fix to your partially blocked drain. I would call your friends and get a reccommendation as to who you should hire for this job. Its sad to say but there are a lot of outfits out there that do take advantage of people and unfortunately that gives the honest hard working people like are here in the forum a bad name plus it makes people leery of calling a professional when they do need one. So please call around at first and find someone who will treat you fairly.
                  Good luck with your husband and get someone over as quickly as possible before your problem gets worse.
                  Bill

Comment

Working...
                  X