X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sump Pump

Hello, I just got this Sump Pump SSP-1000 from Home Depot today. After the installation, it seems work appropriately to pump out the water. However, the water slowly flow in beneath the inlet pipe, which causes the pump turn on again every 5-6mins. So is this normal that water flow in? (It's not a raining day, so when I unplug the sump pump, water will slowly flow in and stop at certain level in the basin)

Thanks!

Re: The Sump Pump

Originally posted by JL2008 View Post
    Hello, I just got this Sump Pump SSP-1000 from Home Depot today. After the installation, it seems work appropriately to pump out the water. However, the water slowly flow in beneath the inlet pipe, which causes the pump turn on again every 5-6mins. So is this normal that water flow in? (It's not a raining day, so when I unplug the sump pump, water will slowly flow in and stop at certain level in the basin)

Thanks!
    Are you saying that some of the water that is getting pumped out is returning from the discharge pipe or new water is forming into the sump?

Comment

Re: The Sump Pump

sounds like your ground water is flowing back inti your crock and your pump is kicking back on when the water level gets high enough to raise the float or activate the pressure switch. You can try two different things to get rid of the problem either prop the pump up on some blocks so the water level causes the pump to kick on at a desired level where it is not running all the time but not allowing the ground water to flood your basement, or you can get a seperate float switch and attach it to the discharge line of the pump in the crock at the same desired level.

Comment

Working...
      X