Mysterious crack in tub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mysterious crack in tub

Not an integral surround, it's a Cultured Onyx surround over this Tub that should have been replaced much, much earlier.

Comment

I think I understand. If it's a separate tub only, I'd yank it. The crack in the picture does not look like a hairline but a full penetration. When I worked at a supply house we would have a tub repair guy do great repairs but often would have to get to the backside to do it right. (More than a hairline fracture if I recall.) If you've got to get to the back to do it right, might as well yank it.

J.C.

Comment

The repair guy was telling me that the extruded plastic tubs are a pain to repair because they are so thin, not much material to bond to.

Comment

Sterling, another fine quality Kohler product.

Comment

as i always say---KOHLER IS JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK-----NOT EVEN WORTH AN ARGUEMENT , AS THE JUNK SPEAKS 4 ITS JUNK SELF

Comment

Can't agree that all Kohler is JUNK. I've put in some good Kohler Acrylics & Cast Iron. And they now make a "full line" like others now with low end to high end. But the JUNK factor is rising. Even on some of the so called high end.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                Can't agree that all Kohler is JUNK. I've put in some good Kohler Acrylics & Cast Iron. And they now make a "full line" like others now with low end to high end. But the JUNK factor is rising. Even on some of the so called high end.

J.C.
                I'll agree.
                Seems like not too long ago Kohler was good quality, complicated, but good quality.

Comment

Working...
                X