• Show
Clear All

Re: Flange on slab help

Simple job, get a plumber to do it.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      1)ABS closet flange. 2)Can't glue any fitting INSIDE the pipe. At least by my code.

J.C.
      1) thought the picure showed an ABS pipe but the person who posted said it was PVC
      2) Codes in my area do not Disallow the use of an insert fitting for this application. Guess thats why we can use a 4 x 3 Oatey TKO legally in Ohio. Sorry that I dont know the codes from all over the country . From now on I will only respond to questions from people living in Ohio. Sound like other areas make thing harder than they need to be.

Comment

Looked in my code book again did not see an insert fitting being prohibited. So I looked on Oateys web site and got this link hope it helps
        http://www.oatey.com/Plumber/Shared/...etal+Ring.html

Comment

Originally posted by ridgidpipe View Post
          Looked in my code book again did not see an insert fitting being prohibited. So I looked on Oateys web site and got this link hope it helps
          http://www.oatey.com/Plumber/Shared/...etal+Ring.html
          We use IPC here in north carolina, but that particular code might be a state amendment. I know a plumber here who got red-tagged for using the internal (pipe insert) flanges and had to rip them all out and redo the flanges of a large commercial rough-in to pass inspection.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by ridgidpipe View Post
            1) thought the picure showed an ABS pipe but the person who posted said it was PVC
            2) Codes in my area do not Disallow the use of an insert fitting for this application. Guess thats why we can use a 4 x 3 Oatey TKO legally in Ohio. Sorry that I dont know the codes from all over the country . From now on I will only respond to questions from people living in Ohio. Sound like other areas make thing harder than they need to be.
            No. Don't respond only to people from Ohio. You might have some code that won't allow what we do here. If so, tell me. I just didn't want this person to have to do it twice. Hope I didn't come off j-a-c-k-a-s-s-y.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
              With plastic underground, I cut the riser and set a 3" coupling about 1/8-1/4" under grade. The finishers go right over the top and it's perfectly flat. Then a 3" spigot collar gets glued into the coupling. Next I tapcon the flange into the slab. I hat leaving the riser above grade. The finishers can't get the floor perfectly flat, so the collar is always a little up, or you have to chip.
              All fine, but the tapcons...I hate them when you have to depend on just a few.
              Too often they don't take, and on a flange you only get a few chances...I use anchors.
              Tapcons come in handy when you have a large number of screws going into concrete, they're much faster.

Comment

Working...
              X