X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drain backflow issue

I recently moved a washer to the room close to kitchen sink, the ground of this room is higher than the kitchen, after installing washer, I found when the washer drain the used water, it will backflow to kitchen sink above 1 inch, really have no idea how to solve this problem, does it work to reduce washer drain water volume by using smaller drain pipe? or any other solution? thanks very much for any advice.

Re: drain backflow issue

It sounds like something is piped wrong in the drainage and vent system (or it could be just a partial blockage), call a licensed plumber to assess the situation and clean the drain and/or bring it up to code.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by ym2008 View Post
      I recently moved a washer to the room close to kitchen sink, the ground of this room is higher than the kitchen, after installing washer, I found when the washer drain the used water, it will backflow to kitchen sink above 1 inch, really have no idea how to solve this problem, does it work to reduce washer drain water volume by using smaller drain pipe? or any other solution? thanks very much for any advice.
      Could be either a partial blockage like Service Guy said or it may be that the sink piping is too small. What size is the pipe that you are tying into?

Comment

It's 2' ABS pipe under the sink, I am thinking to replace it with the anti-siphon pipe like this one: http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/51...ign=googlebase

Don't know if it will work.

Comment

No. You Are Out Of Your Element. Searching The Internet Won't Solve This One. Call A Licensed Plumber. Save Yourself Some Headaches.

J.c.

Comment

Originally posted by ym2008 View Post
            Most washing machine do require a three inch pipe to take the rinse cycle. If you have a thirty gallon tub it will back up in your kitchen pipe on rinse cycle. You may want to snake out your drain pipe at your kitchen to open up the line more. You mentioned elevation... if your riser on your drain to the washing machine isn't the approved height 18 to 42 inches you will get suds and water backing up into the kitchen stack if you have tied into it.

If you have tied into the kitchen stack and the kitchen drain arm is lower than the discharge of the washing machine you are going to get the backup of water due to back pressure and an undersized lined.

I do hope this gives a couple of ideas but the best yet is to call your professional and let him or her assess the issue.

Comment

UPC, the ACW must discharge 2" minimum trap size and trap arm to a 3" or larger branch or stack.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X