mixing valve for garage hose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mixing valve for garage hose

I am installing a utility sink in my garage. I have an existing hot and cold supply. Besides hooking to the sink, I would like to have a single hose connection where I can adjust the amount of hot and cold supply. What plumbing devices are available for the best installation?

Re: mixing valve for garage hose

Originally posted by chains350 View Post
    I am installing a utility sink in my garage. I have an existing hot and cold supply. Besides hooking to the sink, I would like to have a single hose connection where I can adjust the amount of hot and cold supply. What plumbing devices are available for the best installation?
    A mop sink faucet with a built in vacuum breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
      A mop sink faucet with a built in vacuum breaker.
      ^^^ Yeah, What he said. And don't leave out the vacuum breaker.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

http://www.deltafaucet.com/wps/porta...IxMjE!#7_P_1I7
        above is a link to a utility faucet with a MHT connection on the spout, other things that I have done in the past, you could rough in a thermostatic mixing valve and volume control, and just have the outlet be a 3/4 MHT adapter, or you could just rough in 2 hosebibbs, and get a Y hose to mix them with. The options are really endless, I guess it all depends on what you are actuallly looking for.

Greg

Comment

BOTH WOODFORD AND MOEN FAUCET BOTH MAKE A MIXING OUTSITE HOSE FAUCETS
          http://kscdirect.com/ecomm/search_re...HYDRANTS&p=1&v= WOODFORD

MODEL WOO- HC 67-4-BR THOUGH HV 67-8

http://www.moen.com/browsecatalog/pr...sillfaucet.cfm

MOEN
          JERRYMAC
          E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
          CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
          FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
          SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

I've got one of the woodford ones like this:
            http://kscdirect.com/item/WOO%2B22CP...%2BHandle%250A

It works really well and is a huge convenience to have h/w outside.

Comment

We usually use the moen HC200508 hot and cold sill faucet for that.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the great advice. I am an electrician by trade. Please explain what a vacuum breaker does. Also, I really like the sill mixing valves but this instllation will be surface mounted on plywood. The sill is too low in the garage. I have hot and cold 1/2" lines already coming through the sill and then an elbow with lines running up to a height that a bucket can fit below. Thanks again for all your help!

Comment

Originally posted by chains350 View Post
                  Thanks everyone for the great advice. I am an electrician by trade. Please explain what a vacuum breaker does. Also, I really like the sill mixing valves but this instllation will be surface mounted on plywood. The sill is too low in the garage. I have hot and cold 1/2" lines already coming through the sill and then an elbow with lines running up to a height that a bucket can fit below. Thanks again for all your help!
                  In a nutshell, it prevents water (which could be contaminated) from being siphoned back into the public water system

Comment

Working...
                  X