Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

mixing valve for garage hose

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mixing valve for garage hose

    I am installing a utility sink in my garage. I have an existing hot and cold supply. Besides hooking to the sink, I would like to have a single hose connection where I can adjust the amount of hot and cold supply. What plumbing devices are available for the best installation?

  • #2
    Re: mixing valve for garage hose

    Originally posted by chains350 View Post
    I am installing a utility sink in my garage. I have an existing hot and cold supply. Besides hooking to the sink, I would like to have a single hose connection where I can adjust the amount of hot and cold supply. What plumbing devices are available for the best installation?
    A mop sink faucet with a built in vacuum breaker.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: mixing valve for garage hose

      Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
      A mop sink faucet with a built in vacuum breaker.
      ^^^ Yeah, What he said. And don't leave out the vacuum breaker.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: mixing valve for garage hose

        http://www.deltafaucet.com/wps/porta...IxMjE!#7_P_1I7
        above is a link to a utility faucet with a MHT connection on the spout, other things that I have done in the past, you could rough in a thermostatic mixing valve and volume control, and just have the outlet be a 3/4 MHT adapter, or you could just rough in 2 hosebibbs, and get a Y hose to mix them with. The options are really endless, I guess it all depends on what you are actuallly looking for.

        Greg

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: mixing valve for garage hose

          BOTH WOODFORD AND MOEN FAUCET BOTH MAKE A MIXING OUTSITE HOSE FAUCETS
          http://kscdirect.com/ecomm/search_re...HYDRANTS&p=1&v= WOODFORD

          MODEL WOO- HC 67-4-BR THOUGH HV 67-8

          http://www.moen.com/browsecatalog/pr...sillfaucet.cfm

          MOEN
          JERRYMAC
          E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
          CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
          FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
          SINCE JAN. 1989

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: mixing valve for garage hose

            I've got one of the woodford ones like this:
            http://kscdirect.com/item/WOO%2B22CP...%2BHandle%250A

            It works really well and is a huge convenience to have h/w outside.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: mixing valve for garage hose

              We usually use the moen HC200508 hot and cold sill faucet for that.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: mixing valve for garage hose

                Thanks everyone for the great advice. I am an electrician by trade. Please explain what a vacuum breaker does. Also, I really like the sill mixing valves but this instllation will be surface mounted on plywood. The sill is too low in the garage. I have hot and cold 1/2" lines already coming through the sill and then an elbow with lines running up to a height that a bucket can fit below. Thanks again for all your help!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: mixing valve for garage hose

                  Originally posted by chains350 View Post
                  Thanks everyone for the great advice. I am an electrician by trade. Please explain what a vacuum breaker does. Also, I really like the sill mixing valves but this instllation will be surface mounted on plywood. The sill is too low in the garage. I have hot and cold 1/2" lines already coming through the sill and then an elbow with lines running up to a height that a bucket can fit below. Thanks again for all your help!
                  In a nutshell, it prevents water (which could be contaminated) from being siphoned back into the public water system

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X