X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Faucets

I'm looking at replacing my kitchen & bathroom vanity faucets. What are good brands and what should I expect to pay one of you guys to do it? i have never done a job in my place without it leaking. If it was made out of wood I could probably do it but I think thay stopped using wood for plumbing a few years back.
    Jim

Re: Replacing Faucets

Delta, Kohler, some Moen. These all carry a full line for all budgets with good quality. The homecenter versions often have less quality in the details in my experience. Ex. Plastic for drains or handles instead of more durable/proven metal.

Price to install can be anything based on areas. I'll "GUESS" $100.00-$200.00 per faucet. Keep in mind, that's a GUESS!

Good Luck.

J.C.

Comment

I've always felt the availability of repair parts was paramount over looks or anything else. Brands like Moen, Delta and Price Pfister have very good parts availability. Brands like Kohler, American Standard and Grohe are a better quality faucet but it's not often easy to find parts for them. If you go with Jado or Artistic Brass type faucets buy the repair parts with the faucet while they are still available. As far as labor, a decent plumber should be able to install a faucet in around an hour give or take so it depends on the labor rate in your area.

Good luck-Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thanks guys,
        My first impression was WOW, but as I thought about it and my experiences it dawned on me that there's experience and expertise that goes along with the trade. Things I don't have. What else I didn't realise is that the area can make a difference. I'm in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Would that be a higher area as far as labor rates go for plumbing?
        Jim

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          I've always felt the availability of repair parts was paramount over looks or anything else. Brands like Moen, Delta and Price Pfister have very good parts availability. Brands like Kohler, American Standard and Grohe are a better quality faucet but it's not often easy to find parts for them. If you go with Jado or Artistic Brass type faucets buy the repair parts with the faucet while they are still available. As far as labor, a decent plumber should be able to install a faucet in around an hour give or take so it depends on the labor rate in your area.

Good luck-Mark
          I would never ever ever recommend a PP. Delta, American Standard, Moen, are the better faucets with readily available parts.

I would think Ft. Lauderdale would have decent labor rates. I hear the
          hardest part about finding labor in Florida is finding someone who shows up when the weather is more about fishing Oh, and finding skilled labor.
          I've had contractors tell me this, but I find it hard to believe a reputable
          service outfit would have these issues.
          sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

I prefer Moen Faucets . Kohler are good but I had them hard to get replacement parts for . Delta is OK Butseem like once you start replacing the seats and springs on them you seem to have to repair more often. This is just my Opinion though

Comment

Originally posted by ridgidpipe View Post
              I prefer Moen Faucets . Kohler are good but I had them hard to get replacement parts for . Delta is OK Butseem like once you start replacing the seats and springs on them you seem to have to repair more often. This is just my Opinion though
              seem like my typing still need a lot of work

Comment

I like Grohe, expensive but built like a tank. Kohler makes good product but parts could be an issue. What ever you do don't buy a Glacier Bay, no matter what it costs. I also think Price Pfister is crap. Anyone that's had experiance with Moen would most likley avoid them also.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X