favorite shower head

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favorite shower head

Oh, so many shower heads, so many styles, so many designs, so confusing!

I have tried the speakman series 4 hole and 6 hole design. They actually are quite good. I'm waiting for one of those oxygenics shower heads to try. I did not like the standard delta shower head that came with a bathroom fixture kit. I even tried a high flow style from e-bay, but it had a very wide spray angle and I did not care for the spray pattern.

My preference is an adjustable style from a needle type spray to a heavy flow or waterfall type flow. I do not care for the rain fall type or large head shower head.

Our water pressure is about 55psi running. We recently re-plumbed our home and have a manifold system. We are using wirsbo pex 3/4" to all fixtures and reduced at the fixture to 1/2" to fit the fixture. It is so wonderful taking a shower and when someone flushes a toilet you no longer scream as the pressure changes! so obviously, water pressure and flow are no longer a challenge

The shower height is a bit above 6 feet..I'm 6/4"

so, what is your experience with shower heads and what seems to be the best or most popular shower head you install or you like?

Cactus Man

Re: favorite shower head

I have the Speakman 6 port in my shower. It's great but the ports get clogged with deposits every few years. My basement has a Grohe Champagne Spray. Makes me tingle all over.

Comment

Hansgrohe Clubmaster.

Comment

I have a basic Grohe Handshower(Strong Spray that is about 2" diameter, and normal spray which is about a 5" diameter spray pattern), with a shower arm cradle(used to be a build spec entry level moen). The kid's bath right now has a water saving 1.5 gallon head that came from a water dept function, and I have to say, for using less water than the POS moen head that the house came with. It has a massage setting and a normal spray setting, and the price was sure right! I think it will eventually get changed to a Grohe handshower and slide bar so that the head can be brought down to a more comfortable height for the kids.

Greg

Comment

I like one that water comes out of.
          sigpic

Comment

I have the Delta adjustable spray pull off's, they go for around $48.00 at depot.

Good for me. I like Speakmans, but they do not pull off. I just finished installing some $420.00 Grohes, they are very well made, and a tad mechanical inside, Top of the line in the shower head arena. But they do not pull off, I like the pull off's.
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

I was reading the title of this thread and well..... It's been quite a long time since I've had any in the shower.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                I was reading the title of this thread and well..... It's been quite a long time since I've had any in the shower.
                Now that was the joke of the year.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I hear it's nice and wet, increases blood flow and really satisfies....

The Oxygenics shower head, you pervs.......
                  I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

That my friend was priceless

Comment

COW HAMPSHIRE MASTER , Maybe You need you find,a different shower !!!!
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        COW HAMPSHIRE MASTER , Maybe You need you find,a different shower !!!!
                        Unfortunatly the cows are mostly gone and have been replaced by liberal yuppies from Massachusetts. And I suspect it's not the shower, it's probably me
                        sigpic

Comment

Too bad, I'm a Repub. Myself. Try the shower at the YWCA
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I like one that water comes out of.
                            and is set higher than the top of my head
                            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Some of you comedians really need to keep your day jobs! but nice try!!!

Anyway, I have found some excellent shower heads and I'm willing to share the information:

First is the Oxygenics model 60120 [item 9120C] called the skin care shower head.
                              This unit has an adjustable spray from weak to strong. The spray though is a narrow type apposed to a wide angle spray. The spray is very "concentrated". A definite con for this shower head is it's very noisy. You get a loud whooshing noise at max spray.

I like it, my wife does not care for the spray and noise.

Next: is the Speakman model S-2005HB This is a 5 jet design with a center massage.
                              You get the usual spray you expect from the known Speakman 4-6-8 jet shower head
                              design, and a bonus of getting an intense massage pulsating spray with the adjusting lever.

This is similar to units found in major hotels. My wife likes this one and it's not noisy.

Both shower heads have the 2.5 gallon flow, but you'd never know this when they operate.

I found both of these on e-bay with excellent pricing. Home Depot does carry the Oxygenics model but Internet only.

You can see details of these units on the Speakman and Oxygenics websites respectfully.

Cactus Man

Comment

Working...
                              X