Sump Pumps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sump Pumps

Need help! I have ridgid pump (<2 years old) and the switch is failing. The float operates but does not always trip the switch when fully raised. Any maintenance that can be performed? I for whatever reason receive alot of water flow and pump runs daily. Cannot afford to wait for the Ridgid offices to open to speak with reps or warranty.

Jaxson

Re: Sump Pumps

Install a tethered float switch on the line if the pump has a magnetic float switch with two leads that piggy-back into one another. Problem solved. Approx. $40.
    Last edited by Devine Plumbing; 07-19-2008, 10:20 AM.
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Sounds like you should have a second pump on hand anyways incase of emergencies. If I were you I would purchase a new pump and install it . Take care of the warrantee issue later . If you get a new pump out of the warrantee hold onto it for later as im sure you will need another one eventually.
      Do you have a battery backup pump installed in line with your current pump.
      It might be a good idea just incase power ever goes out unless you have a generator for emergency power.

Comment

If you are on city water you may even consider installing a water-driven backup sump as you will not have to worry about a battery going dead in the case where the power is out for an extended duration of time. Depending on how fast the water is coming in a battery may only last less than a day. Might even consider a standby generator

Comment

This time around buy a Zoeller pump.
          sigpic

Comment

DEVINE--ARE YOU CRAZY---INSTALL A WATER BACK UP??? YOUR STATE EPA BRANCH SHOULD HAVE BANNED THEM BY NOW--ALSO I CAN ALMOST GUARANTEE IF YOU CALL YOUR LOCAL WATER PURVEYOR, THEY WILL TELL YOU ABSOLUTELY NOT AND WILL TELL YOU YOU CAN BE FINED IF YOU INSTALL SUCH A HORRIBLE SYSTEM. EVEN IF YOU INSTALL A R.P. BACKFLOW,STILL POSSIBLE TO DRINK YOUR SUMP WATER--I DONT KNOW WHERE YOUR FROM BUT HERE IN OHIO I WOULD NEVER DRINK MY SUMP WATER.I DONT KNOW ANY PROFFESIONALS THAT WOULD PUT THAT HOME DEPOT CRAP IN A CUSTOMERS HOUSE.IF YOU WANT A SOLID DEPENDABLE SYSTEM, INSTALL A ZOELLER M53 PRIMARY DEWATERING SUMP PUMP WITH A ZOELLER 507 BATTERY BACKUP SYSTEM--AND MAKE SURE YOU BUY THE ZOELLER AQUANOT BATTERY. MYSELF AND MY PARENTS HAVE THIS SYSTEM AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS IN 9 YEARS--AND YES STILL ORIGINAL BATTERY
            PLEASE IF YOU READ THIS, DONT EVER EVER INSTALL A WATER BACKUP IT IS A VERY BAD IDEA
            I HAVE A STATE LICENSE IN BACKFLOW PREVENTION AND I HAVE SEEN HOW THESE THINGS CAN FAIL AND MAKE PEOPLE SICK--DONT USE THEM THATS THE FINAL VERDICT

Comment

I totally agree with you about the water type back ups they are not approved in my area for use . I use the zoehler M53 pump but I have been using the myers MSPMBSP Battery back up .
              Which do you feel is a better backup pump ?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                DEVINE--ARE YOU CRAZY---INSTALL A WATER BACK UP??? YOUR STATE EPA BRANCH SHOULD HAVE BANNED THEM BY NOW--ALSO I CAN ALMOST GUARANTEE IF YOU CALL YOUR LOCAL WATER PURVEYOR, THEY WILL TELL YOU ABSOLUTELY NOT AND WILL TELL YOU YOU CAN BE FINED IF YOU INSTALL SUCH A HORRIBLE SYSTEM. EVEN IF YOU INSTALL A R.P. BACKFLOW,STILL POSSIBLE TO DRINK YOUR SUMP WATER--I DONT KNOW WHERE YOUR FROM BUT HERE IN OHIO I WOULD NEVER DRINK MY SUMP WATER.I DONT KNOW ANY PROFFESIONALS THAT WOULD PUT THAT HOME DEPOT CRAP IN A CUSTOMERS HOUSE.IF YOU WANT A SOLID DEPENDABLE SYSTEM, INSTALL A ZOELLER M53 PRIMARY DEWATERING SUMP PUMP WITH A ZOELLER 507 BATTERY BACKUP SYSTEM--AND MAKE SURE YOU BUY THE ZOELLER AQUANOT BATTERY. MYSELF AND MY PARENTS HAVE THIS SYSTEM AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS IN 9 YEARS--AND YES STILL ORIGINAL BATTERY
                PLEASE IF YOU READ THIS, DONT EVER EVER INSTALL A WATER BACKUP IT IS A VERY BAD IDEA
                I HAVE A STATE LICENSE IN BACKFLOW PREVENTION AND I HAVE SEEN HOW THESE THINGS CAN FAIL AND MAKE PEOPLE SICK--DONT USE THEM THATS THE FINAL VERDICT
                So, I take it you are not a fan of these devices
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                  Thanks, I had never really thought about it. I kinda liked the Zoeller water-powered pump. I guess you're right. Bad idea all together.

Comment

Working...
                  X