X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with my toilet?

Hi. My toilet water rises when flushing, yet if I use a plunger the water and toilet paper will go down. I tried a 6 ft snake, and that did not work. What could be wrong, am I not using the snake right, or is there something else I can do to fix it? Oh yeah, I have a 2 yr old little devil who's favorite pass time hobby is shoving stuff in the toilet. Thanks, Caryn

Re: What is wrong with my toilet?

Sounds like there's something stuck in the toilet. Was the snake able to go all the way through the toilet?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Sounds like the little guy has one of his toys stuck in the trap. It will usually make its way to the top of the trap or to the exit point at the floor level before it gets caught. You could try getting a inspection mirror and flashlight and see if something is caught at the top of the trap and if not pull the toilet and see if there is something at the base. A lot of times a closet auger will pass right by something stuck in a closet trap.
      ________
      M113 Engine
      Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:11 PM.
      Mike

Comment

sounds like it's time to cut to the chase and take the commode off and free the obstructing problem.

Comment

Toilet with slow drainage + 2 year old = small toy lodged in the trap.

Almost every time, without fail.
          Last edited by DuckButter; 07-20-2008, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Oh, thank you. I was hoping not to have to do that, but a girl has got to do what a girl has got to do. Darn kids, don't ya love'em? Caryn

Comment

Cayrn , We have a request. Seeing that little Devil,is on His, or Her way into Our trade,
              We think We'd like to have Him or Her as our YOUNGEST member ! My thinks LITTLE Devil
              Will be a regular here! This will, go on for a few Years,I suspect. When We all see a question in the future from Little Devil,We'll all drop our wrenches and HOP to the rescue.
              Be well and bless You All Tool
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

i think it's time for gi joe to dawn his navy seals outfit and go scuba diving for his comrad

ben, what do you think

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  i think it's time for gi joe to dawn his navy seals outfit and go scuba diving for his comrad

ben, what do you think

rick.
                  Ok Rick, I'll give you that one. That was funny
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

ben, what do you think

rick.
                    Ben, I think he scores pretty high with that one. Slight deduction for spelling but well executed

Comment

Well I think you just made your quota for the month. About time you came up with a good one Rick.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Umm, ok My Little Devil thanks you, I am sure of that, but she is a girl. Yes, That is Miss Little Devil. I just gotoff the phone with a plumber who told me to try a wet vac before lifting the toilet, oh my little devil will be jealous. Thanks guys, Caryn

Comment

Working...
                        X