X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Residential Washing Machine

please see the attached pictures as I do my best to explain the leak and seek assistance - thanks in advance

I have an eight year old Kenmore front-loading Tumble Action Washer Model No. 417.40042990 Serial No. XC03108025 that has been leaking for about one year and progressively has gotten worse

I took off the bottom panel and looked inside to find what seems to be a case that surrounds the main tumbler/ drum - around the entire perimiter holding the two halves together are bolts - water was slowly dripping out of the two bottom bolts and stopped when tightened

I ran a cycle and watched water flowing out of the left shock that was attached to the case surrounding the drum and the frame of the machine(pictures)

my questions: is this something I can fix or explore more? and how should I begin and what to look for?

if more information or explanation is needed, I'll do my best - thanks again for your expert advice
    Attached Files

Re: Leaking Residential Washing Machine

looks like an engineered plastic drum.

although this is a plumbing forum and general tool forum. it's not an appliance repair forum.

there are plenty of forums and discussion groups that deal with this better than we can.

do a google search for your machine and issue. i know you're not the only one with this problem.

my b.i.l. did on a neptune machine and there were thousands of post that paid off. the machine actually had a voluntary recall and he got a nice credit.

bring on the plumbing questions any day

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

appreciate it Rick!

Comment

heres the cheapest solution---replace it--a serviceman is going to charge you a few hundred to tell you its cheaper to replace it---i told you 4 free

Comment

http://fixitnow.com/

FOR EVERY BODY LOOKING FOR HELP ON HOME
          APPLIANCES
          JERRYMAC
          E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
          CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
          FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
          SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
          X