X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shower and spigot both on

Originally posted by PeterPeterPeter View Post
    Sheesh!

I took the plate cover off under the handle and the divertor has "up" on the up side. It seems like it was installed correctly.

As for replacing the spigot idea...it does the same problem even without a spigot attaced.

I went to Home Depot tonight and got a entire new box...spigot, shower head, divertor, etc...will install these tomorrow.

Cross fingers...

Oh ya, he used flex tubes as well. Hope that's ok.

Peter
    Um...I thought you had a "renovator" doing the work?

Comment

Heh guys...I'm glad I started a semi-new topic here...but back to the original.

I was asked as to how its attached (ie. distributor). It looks like a small "t". That is, hot in, cold in, line out for shower hear, and another line out for spigot. It seems to be attached correctly ("up" is on up side). Flex tubing. Replaced shower head, replaced spigot...not affects. Water still comes out of both. Bought shower stop...but don't want to do that...yet.

Got whole new MOEN shower stuff...will re-install and cross fingers.

Ugh.

Peter

Comment

Renovator yes...did he show up today...no

Comment

Here are some picts...

-The entire bath area
          -Divertor
          -MOEN model (new one I got)
          -Front flower bed (no reason)

Ideas?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PeterPeterPeter View Post
            Here are some picts...

-The entire bath area
            -Divertor
            -MOEN model (new one I got)
            -Front flower bed (no reason)

Ideas?
            I think JCsplumbing hit the nail on the head. When the pex adapter is installed it reduces to 3/8" at that point and along with the other fittings that are in the wall that we cant see and causing enough restriction to send the water up to the shower head. I would have your Renovator/Plumber rip out all that tile and run the drop in 1/2" Copper. Or you can try to cut out the valve and replace it with a new one and see if that works for you.
            ________
            HERBAL HEALTH
            Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 04:12 PM.
            Mike

Comment

See that bushing and pex adaptor on the pipe going to the tub spout? You can't do that. Especially with a crap Moen T\S valve. That piece has to be copper because the bushing and the pex adaptor cause bo-cu restriction at that point and that's what is diverting the water. Sorry, but it looks like a hack and wack job. Next time have the psuedo-plumber read the directions.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure about this positemp, but most t/s valves have a built in restrictor on the shower riser so water flows more easily to the tub. I
                don't think this one does, but the fittings used obviously created some
                restriction in the line to the bottom spout, so some water is being diverted
                to the upper line. I'ld take out the bottom line, (look up there w/ a mirror just to make sure nothings in there that shouldn't be) and redo it w/ no restrictions. Make sure the pex isn't pinched or something in the wall too.
                sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

I HOPE THAT LAST PIC WAS AN ACCIDENT-----TOOL FORUM--GUYS---TOOLS--FLOWERS?????????????????????????????

I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A BETTER T/S VALVE--LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT THE CHEAPEST ONE HOME DEPOT HAD

I USE THE MOENTROL VALVES---NEVER HAVE ISSUES

REMEMBER WHAT I SAID YESTERDAY---PLUMBING IS FOR PLUMBERS AS TILE IS FOR TILERS--------PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE AND CALL A PLUMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
                  BUY A GOOD VALVE AND CALL A PLUMBER---
                  ALSO--THE PEX ADAPTERS ARE DEFINATELY RESTRICTING

IIIIIIIIII HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE PEX
                  GO COPPER OR DONT GO AT ALL

Comment

Also i was told that all moen product at hdepot is made in china--thats why its cheaper and dos not last as long as what a plumber would bring you--i replace lots of home depot faucets and t/s valves that are less than 5-6 years old

remodeler+ hdepot parts= i will be at the house in a few years and you will be complaining about my bill

buy american--it is reliable---if it is chinese--it may be a bad cast also---seen that before too

Comment

All I can say is I wouldn't wanna be the next homeowner.

Comment

i can understand the valve offset for ease of preadjusting the water temp. but i think your chances of ever installing a shower enclosure is history

please explain the 3'' waste line pictured

a brass nipple is much easier than 2 copper mips for the stub out

tile looks nice

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

i can understand the valve offset for ease of preadjusting the water temp. but i think your chances of ever installing a shower enclosure is history

please explain the 3'' waste line pictured

a brass nipple is much easier than 2 copper mips for the stub out

tile looks nice

rick.

What is up with that stubout too??? Is that a 3/4" x 1/2" Male adapter and C.I. above the ABS? Gentleman I believe that we have a cantidate for the wall of Shame!

Comment

I think in a desperate attempt to rectify their mistake they installed the 1/2x3/4x1/2 pipe stubout.

They'll probably box in the 3" drop but it's in an awkward place and probably should have been rerouted.

I like the tile. Not a fan of Aker tubs.

J.C.

Comment

And the drop appears crooked.

J.C.

Comment

What's up with the huge pics?
                                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X