Proper Way to thread pipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Proper Way to thread pipe

Did you add the thread make up to your travel piece?

If not you fail because it was about an inch too short.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
      I like how TX does the test, physically having to show your skills.
      Too many are book smart and simply get a license based on their ability to memorize and math skills.
      There are too many things you don't find in a code book that truly define our trade.
      I like that too. In Mich now it's a copper rig, you build it and it has to
      fit in their mold or something. When I took it, it was lead wiping. I failed my first time, but I knew why right away. 1/2 hour in, I redid my wye cause it stuck into the pipe about an 1.8". Let my wiping solder heat the whole time, then instead of waiting for it to cool, I thought I'ld be careful. Burned a hole immediately. Spent the whole day taking a test I knew I'ld failed.
      sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Originally posted by boillerman View Post
        I like that too. In Mich now it's a copper rig, you build it and it has to
        fit in their mold or something. When I took it, it was lead wiping. I failed my first time, but I knew why right away. 1/2 hour in, I redid my wye cause it stuck into the pipe about an 1.8". Let my wiping solder heat the whole time, then instead of waiting for it to cool, I thought I'ld be careful. Burned a hole immediately. Spent the whole day taking a test I knew I'ld failed.
        I'm sorry, but the mental image of the look on your face that day has a dark humor to it...thats just awful.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMJOE View Post
          Hello,
          Im new to the forums. I just got done taking my tradsmen plumbing test, in texas. I passed everything except threading pipe, I reamed it, threaded the 3/4" pipe and cut it off. The second part of the test, was measuring the offset on 2 pieces of pipe. The center to center was 7". So I multiplied that by 1.414 and subtracted 1.5" to get roughly 8 3/8" piece. I did not pass can someone tell me what i did wrong?
          sounds like some stupid technicality

Comment

sorry, been awhile guys been busy. TY for all the replies. So without a doubt my math and number of threads are correct on 3/4 black iron pipe with 2 45s?

Comment

Working...
            X