Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water softener 0-ring connection keeps leaking

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    Since you know how to solder, why use sharkbites?
    ben, do you have esp?

i don't see anything, other than a small box with no link

is it g17 again

ben, if you tell me, please don't kill me

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Josh didn't give you "professional membership" status? That's weird, he mentioned everyone when we were talking about it, even JL and Devine. Kinda weird that he left your name off. Maybe he's trying to tell you something. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Probably just overlooked you. No big deal. Did everyone else get their Professional Membership?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Rick,,,,,,do you NOT see pictures above?
        Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by The Wood Meister View Post
          Rick,,,,,,do you NOT see pictures above?
          no pictures of the install.

joey will check hers

rick.

i guess i have to log off once a week to update my settings.

all good now
          Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 08-02-2008, 12:39 AM.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            Josh didn't give you "professional membership" status? That's weird, he mentioned everyone when we were talking about it, even JL and Devine. Kinda weird that he left your name off. Maybe he's trying to tell you something. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Probably just overlooked you. No big deal. Did everyone else get their Professional Membership?
            I clearly have mine But I won't let him take my computer and look at the pictures until his clearance comes through
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Pretty funny when they give your wife 'professional status' first. I was unaware of that, but could see the picks.
              sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Good choice going with the WaterBoss

You figure out how to program it yet? When you do maybe you can teach me

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  Good choice going with the WaterBoss

You figure out how to program it yet? When you do maybe you can teach me
                  Well, so far so good. The programming was pretty straight forward. Set the hardness level and you're about done, unless you want to change some of the defaults.

It must have some kind of cosmic clock in it cause when I plugged it in, the time was right! LOL Default recharge time is 2AM. I had to stop at HD today and get a longer drain hose. Mine comes around the end of the patio and into my cleanout. Don't want to pump it into the yard or my Tangerine tree! Don't like salty fruit! LOL Only drawback is it only holds one bag of salt at a time, maybe one a half if I pack it in. My old Sears would hold three bags. But, just need to ck it more often.
                  Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

All studies on softener discharge from the Water Quality Association have shown there is no harm in discharging a softener into a septic system. In some case the added hardness to the septic has been shown to have a positive effect on percolation.Water softener is safe o-ring connection that keeps pure.
                    water softener

Comment

If the bypass valve is not at the correct height to slide into the valve unit, it pinches the o ring. It only take a 1/4" or less too high or too low to cause the pinch. ( I have spent some time on this problem.)
                      You can try to shim the softener unit up a little if the bypass is too high.

Comment

Originally posted by Chatwin View Post
                        All studies on softener discharge from the Water Quality Association have shown there is no harm in discharging a softener into a septic system.
                        Are you really going to use reference material from an organization that represents manufacturers and installers of softening systems to determine that softeners won't harm a septic system?

For years tobacco companies said smoking wasn't harmful.
                        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Seems like you re discharging really hard water into the system. I don't know what effect super hard water would have on the septic.

Comment

it seems like it would either sediment out in the bottom of the tank, or flow out into the leach field. In my mind it could eventually build up enough to cause a problem, though i'd imagine it would take a Long time.

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                            Seems like you re discharging really hard water into the system. I don't know what effect super hard water would have on the septic.
                            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Other business I work with (Dad's septic business) has dealt with the local health department and their inspectors for years. Each inspector has a minimum degree in environmental science if that means anything.

They say NOT to discharge softeners into the plumbing/septic system as it would or should be detrimental to it's operation.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                                Other business I work with (Dad's septic business) has dealt with the local health department and their inspectors for years. Each inspector has a minimum degree in environmental science if that means anything.

They say NOT to discharge softeners into the plumbing/septic system as it would or should be detrimental to it's operation.

J.C.
                                So it's dueling studies!

I think that softeners are an old technology and there are other less polluting ways to soften water. I don't like installing softeners.

I always ask the customers "how hard is your water?" when I am setting up the system. I have only had two that knew.

Comment

Working...
                                X