Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIDGID POWER-SPIN: Harder to use than first appears?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID POWER-SPIN: Harder to use than first appears?

I looked up the instructions for the Power-Spin hand-spinner drain cleaner/auger on the Ridgid website. I have figured out how to use the item and it is cleaning my bathtub drain gradually but surely.

I have one concern that I wonder if anyone else has noticed and has the same concern.

The cable-feed trigger is EXTREMELY hard to squeeze. It is fixed in place despite what the instructions say about squeezing the trigger to both feed and retract the cable. I can only squeeze for about 5-10 seconds at a time before my hand begins to hurt and I have to let go for a few seconds before I can squeeze again.

The item seems to work as intended but it is difficult to use because of how hard it is to squeeze the cable-feed trigger.

Is this a concern with other people who have used this item? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Re: RIDGID POWER-SPIN: Harder to use than first appears?

It takes years of training and practice to get the required grip strength. There are several hand excercises that can prove helpfull to the amateur.
    sigpic

Comment

I bet you know why plumbers have large forearms now.
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        It takes years of training and practice to get the required grip strength. There are several hand excercises that can prove helpfull to the amateur.

What exercises are you talking about? The first one I learned in trade school was "Monkey Steals the Peach".

Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
          What exercises are you talking about? The first one I learned in trade school was "Monkey Steals the Peach".

Absolutely hysterical. I love it. Tyman thanks for making the water come out of my nose by laughing so hard.

"The impact will lift the enemy off the ground. Those skilled in chi kung..... JC call Rivera Marianne again and I will kick your azz and steal your peach with "chi kung"
          Last edited by Masterplumb; 07-28-2008, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CantSwim View Post
            I looked up the instructions for the Power-Spin hand-spinner drain cleaner/auger on the Ridgid website. I have figured out how to use the item and it is cleaning my bathtub drain gradually but surely.

I have one concern that I wonder if anyone else has noticed and has the same concern.

The cable-feed trigger is EXTREMELY hard to squeeze. It is fixed in place despite what the instructions say about squeezing the trigger to both feed and retract the cable. I can only squeeze for about 5-10 seconds at a time before my hand begins to hurt and I have to let go for a few seconds before I can squeeze again.

The item seems to work as intended but it is difficult to use because of how hard it is to squeeze the cable-feed trigger.

Is this a concern with other people who have used this item? Does anyone have any recommendations?

As the Power-Spin is not made for plumbers I doubt anyone here has even used one. I would factor in the limited cost of the "snake" and consider it a good investment if you were able to clear your drain.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

It's a beefed up K-39 AF . Remember too much power is BAD
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by CantSwim View Post
                The item seems to work as intended but it is difficult to use because of how hard it is to squeeze the cable-feed
                Glad to hear you were able to clear your clogged drain. The Power-Spin I tested seemed to only need slight/steady pressure at the trigger to apply enough tension to enable the cable to move forward or retract as your drill spins. I prefer the Kwik-Spin for small jobs because it was easier to keep the cable and canister cleaner between drain clearing jobs. Try some gloves?
                Last edited by reConx; 07-28-2008, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                  Absolutely hysterical. I love it. Tyman thanks for making the water come out of my nose by laughing so hard.

"The impact will lift the enemy off the ground. Those skilled in chi kung..... JC call Rivera Marianne again and I will kick your azz and steal your peach with "chi kung"
                  Won't work on me. It would be more like "shoplifting the cantaloupes".

I fell over laughing too and will probably use the phrase on the job somewhere -somehow.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                  X