X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Casing

I was wondering what if anything should be done as maintenance on the part of the casing that extends above ground?

Re: Well Casing

Nothing needs to be done to the pipe that extends above grade.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kungur View Post
      I was wondering what if anything should be done as maintenance on the part of the casing that extends above ground?
      Shouldn't be too much other than keeping the immeadiate area free from overgrown grass/brush/weeds/etc and that the head is intact/secure so as to keep critters and bugs out.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/health.../wellwater.htm
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Well, you might as well tell the guy how to tie his shoes...

I figured that'd go along with common sense.

Don't piss near the well head either.
        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

If it is in a location where damage could occure you could put up some type of barrier so one does not hit it, but do not block it in such a way that you can not easly work on the well if needed.

If it it is rusting I would paint it, or use a cold galvanizing compound, if it is plastic I would probly do nothing to it, or paint it with latex paint so the sun does not work on it with the UV light,

but normally nothing is done to the casing that is above ground unless one has a problems or wants some type of beauty treatment.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
            Well, you might as well tell the guy how to tie his shoes...

I figured that'd go along with common sense.

Don't piss near the well head either.
            I can see you've come a lllloooonnngg way.

Comment

I like when folks build those cutsey little old timey well covers with the bucket and rope. Then they plant flowers all around it and in general make it a pain in the *** when it's time to pull the pump.

You might paint it like a barber pole for the fun of it
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                I like when folks build those cutsey little old timey well covers with the bucket and rope. Then they plant flowers all around it and in general make it a pain in the *** when it's time to pull the pump.

You might paint it like a barber pole for the fun of it
                On a similar note...I hate homeowners that decide its a smart idea to stack 500 pounds of junk all around the water heater, and then not move it when they call for service.
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I went to a call for a leak on a kitchen sink once and I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that there was plastic containers and lids from the bottom of the cabinet to the bottom of the sink. From side to side and front to back.

The whole history of Cool Whip in that S.O.B. I think one of them had Andy Griffiths picture on it.

Maybe I'll send it to you next time Carl.

J.C.

Comment

To continue b!tch!ng about access problems...It seems almost every house I go to lately has the main shut-off valve in some nasty, dirty, spider-infested crawlspace. I don't think I have actually touched a main valve in months...I just go straight for the meter pit in the street and shut it off at the city water meter with my meter-key.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                      To continue b!tch!ng about access problems...It seems almost every house I go to lately has the main shut-off valve in some nasty, dirty, spider-infested crawlspace. I don't think I have actually touched a main valve in months...I just go straight for the meter pit in the street and shut it off at the city water meter with my meter-key.
                      Yeah until that valve breaks then you'll stop doing that too

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                        Yeah until that valve breaks then you'll stop doing that too
                        Never happened in 11 years and hundreds of meters....those meter valves are pretty solid. I have had maybe one or two that was in really bad shape and I recommended replacing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                          Never happened in 11 years and hundreds of meters....those meter valves are pretty solid. I have had maybe one or two that was in really bad shape and I recommended replacing it.
                          It'll get you sooner or later. Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                            It'll get you sooner or later. Trust me.
                            I don't understand your point, what if the main valve has to be replaced, then you HAVE to shut it at the meter?

Comment

Never had one get me....but it might. I'm friendly with the local water maintenance guys so they can reset a yoke & meter without too much hassle.

I understand some areas of the country raise he!! if you touch the meter. Not that way here.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X