cross over

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cross over

in a multi unit building (2 or more units) every fixture has to have a shut off. very few multi story buildings have individual services to each unit.

angle stops count as a shut off. tubs and showers require an integral stop.

the only fixture that seems to sneak by is a laundry hose bibb. they tend to look at it as a stop. but truthfully the hose bibb will need new packing or replacement.

as far as being able to shut the valve down the road. i find that if nobody has messed up the screwdriver stop with a bad fitting screwdriver. i can usually get them to turn and shut off. honestly i have more issues with angle stops shutting off than a screwdriver stop.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I don't generally use them unless it's a multi-family building. I'm always surprised when I do use them and they actually work!
      sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
        NY state code says you must have integral stops on a shower valve. Why wouldn't you want a shut off on every fixture?
        Does it have to be an integral stop by code are can you still put in ball valves if there is an access panel ?

Comment

Originally posted by ridgidpipe View Post
          Does it have to be an integral stop by code are can you still put in ball valves if there is an access panel ?
          I couldnt see an inspector shooting you down for a ball valve instead of an integral stop. So I will guess and say that would be acceptable. Good Q.

Comment

Just passed inspection on bathroom , I had to ball valves feeding hot /cold in bathroom. AND CAPPED WC and sink .will put shutoff today .

Comment

Working...
            X