X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closet Auger Cleaning

I just used a Ridgid K-3 closet auger to clear my clogged toilet. It worked great.

This may sound like a stupid question, but how do plumbers clean these after using? I rinsed it off with a hose in the street and let it dry in the sun so it would not rust. That won't work in the winter and I would assume the pros have a faster, easier method?

Thanks in advance,
    -Paul

Re: Closet Auger Cleaning

We just throw them in the truck covered in poo. Then we go eat lunch without washing our hands. Its great fun.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I use the hand towel in the customers bathroom

Carpet works in a pinch

Ok, Ok, before I get booted off here for wize cracking.
      Wrap it up in a garbage bag to transport. Then take the garden hose to it. I wouldn't leave it hanging in the kitchen either. Or maybe I would
      sigpic

Comment

put it in a bucket or plastic bag for transportation. then just like you did hose it off, maybe spray a little sanitizer on it, when the cable dries spray it with WD-40, close it up and store it until next time.

in the winter, maybe take it to a car wash

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

After you retrieve the auger from the toilet
          extend it back out by pushing the handle all the way back in
          then twirl it around your head until all waste is flung off the head of the auger and it dries
          Seriously though I usuall will dry it off with a paper towel then grab the head of the auger with my hand and pull off the disposable surgical glove off my hand and cover the head till next time I use it

Comment

I leave it in the toilet and flush about 2-3 times then take it outside by way of bucket.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

you'r 'posed to clean 'em?

Comment

i like to leave what i have on the end of it and show all the woman in their offices and say who does this belong to?

Comment

Ora You're the best. That made My morning!

Another trick , Move the brownies aside,leave in customers oven for 15 minutes. that should kill and germs
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    I leave it in the toilet and flush about 2-3 times then take it outside by way of bucket.
                    Same here...additionally, dowse it in bleach then rinse off with a garden hose as soon as possible.

Comment

I thought you took it into the nearest closet after the job and "whoop it around".

Closet Auger? Right?

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                      X