TOTO Toilet Flushing Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOTO Toilet Flushing Problem

I have 2 TOTO model CST743S toilets that were installed about a month ago. While both flush fast, there is almost no water flowing down the rear of the bowl. Loads of water flows in the front of the bowl. The tank dumps fast. If I go #2 the back of the bowl is a mess until I bucket flush it. This is with both of them. A neighbor that had 3 of them installed about the same time is so POed he took a sledge hammer to them. Both of us used to have and really like old timer American Standard (5gallons per flush) late 40s vintage toilets that came with our houses. I still have one of mine in the basement and it works fine. The reason for replacing my other two was that the tanks had worn thin and started leaking. I thought that TOTO was one of the good toilets. Now I really wish I had gone with something else. Do you know if it's just this model? Are all gravity flush water saver toilets POC. Does anyone have any ideas on fixing this? I pushed wire through the holes in the back of the bowl on both of mine. A tiny bit of water comes out the holes but most is only in the front. I feel that I must either find and fix and fast or like my angry neighbor bash mine and then find a good replacement. My neighbor was lucky and found a NOS (new old stock) American Standard Cadet 3.2 Gallon/flush one and had it installed. I'm not sure about his others, but people can live with just one good working toilet if they have to.

My TOTO toilets: http://www.totousa.com/productpage.asp?PID=651

Re: TOTO Toilet Flushing Problem

that is a toto drake with the g max flush. a good flushing toilet, but most low flow 1.6gallon per flush toilets will leave behind a little skid mark.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the info Rick

Comment

UPDATE

Super Plumber Rick sent me an ESP message (about 9pm my time on 08/05/2008) about how to get my two TOTO toilets to flush better. It worked. Thank you Rick

It's totally wild what a little compressed air, some fittings and a piece of soft 1/4" OD copper tubing can do when a toilet bowl has junk in it on the inside where you can't see it. Now the TOTO's really flush right. It's like having new toilets. The problem was with sand left over from the castings. My trusty old ShopVac came in handy too. Good old boy (patting ShopVac) LOL

Comment

Hi All!
          I have the same problem with my Toto Drake GMax Toilet posted by Old Grunter. Is it possible that (Old Grunter/Plumber Rick or anyone else) could post the details to fix this problem. There just isn't enough detail to go on.

- Do I make a compressed air wand out of soft copper?
          - How does the shop vac fit into the equation?

Thanks!! I appreciate any advice you can give...
          -Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grunter View Post
            UPDATE

Super Plumber Rick sent me an ESP message (about 9pm my time on 08/05/2008) about how to get my two TOTO toilets to flush better. It worked. Thank you Rick

It's totally wild what a little compressed air, some fittings and a piece of soft 1/4" OD copper tubing can do when a toilet bowl has junk in it on the inside where you can't see it. Now the TOTO's really flush right. It's like having new toilets. The problem was with sand left over from the castings. My trusty old ShopVac came in handy too. Good old boy (patting ShopVac) LOL

i think old grunter was putting that air hose and shop vac somewhere else

no record of any "esp message".

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Wow this is a weird thread...lol

I would have checked that the toliets level ect...

Sand left over from casting after a month of use AND poking bowl water passages with wires

I would more likely believe that new deletrious material had been introduced into the water system sometime after the new toilets were installed

Somebody send me an ESP message and explain

Okie

Comment

I too am having this same issue and am thinking about the sledge hammer method of dealing with it. I know this is an old thread but I am hoping that someone out there can tell me what method you used using compressed air and a shop vac to fix this.

Comment

Have You tried to raise the water level? I love Totos. You Guys sending this from American Standard office at lunch Break ?
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                  X