X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Water faucet auto shut-off

I recently had a bathroom renovated and the hot water worked when the repairs were being made, but not anymore. I have a FloodSafe Auto shutoff 3/8 in OD 1/2 in FIP - and it will not reset. Any advice what to do next?

Kweinand

Re: Hot Water faucet auto shut-off

Some of those auto shutoff valves don't reset, they have to be replaced if they shut down. Call your plumber back. It could be an obstruction also, in the supply or stem.
    sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Thank you. I have contacted them - he told me that it worked when he left. What a pain. I read the instructions and tried to reset it but I think it has to be replaced.

Comment

Do I have to use this type of a hose? Or is there some way I can reduce the pressure so the hot water doesn't do this again with another hose?

Comment

those floodsafe lines are a pain--i wont use them--get a regular braided steel supply line or do it the ol fashioned way and grab a 99 cent chrome supply and bend "er up

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
            those floodsafe lines are a pain--i wont use them--get a regular braided steel supply line or do it the ol fashioned way and grab a 99 cent chrome supply and bend "er up
            I recently finished a job where the owner provided all the fixtures, ( thankfully was all good stuff), and ridgid supplies for all the fixtures...dusted the old tubing bender off, and at the end of the day everything looked sweet. I am even contemplating making the switch to ridgid supplies on my remodels as a signature of sorts...a bit labor intensive, but certainly a better looking product...

Greg

Comment

Working...
            X