Replacing Leaking Mixet Shower Faucet Handle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Leaking Mixet Shower Faucet Handle

I am trying to replace a leaking Mixet shower faucet. I've somewhat successfully removed the knob by breaking it off. Now I cannot remove the mixing handle/lever. The new one I purchased has a set screw. The original one does not yet it will not budge off the stem so I can get at the hex nut to remove the stem. Is the mixing lever suppose to just slip off? Could our hard water minerals got this stuck on? I have sprayed it with a very good lime scale remover yet it doesn't seem to matter. Can I just use a pipe wrench on the bonnet of the stem to remove the stem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Replacing Leaking Mixet Shower Faucet Handle

Call a service plumber before you seriously damage something.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

if you try wrenching on it and break it, then you have to shutoff ur water main and pay someone to do possible extensive repairs--if u call a service plumber,he will know what to do to avoid a disaster--if you break something in the wall, imagine a huge hole cut in it--your problem is in my opinion beyond a homeowners capability--u dont have all the tools on ur truck to fix anything, do ya????it can get ugly quick

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
        Call a service plumber before you seriously damage something.
        Come'on guys....you're taking the fun and adventure out of things!!! LOL
        Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Working...
        X