Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of "No-Rotate" or "no-turns"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone know of "No-Rotate" or "no-turns"?

Well, I went digging in the bathroom trash (YUK!!!) because I know how much pictures help. Here are the old seats and washers. These are about 6 months old.

Mark
    Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Even though you have deteriorated cups on the stems, those washers and seats don't look too bad. Are you wrapping the seat threads with teflon before installation?

J.C.

Comment

I've been using Teflon paste on all the threads. I may make a call or two tomorrow and see if there are any old timey plumbing stores around that I can email the picture too. If I can buy 3 new complete stem/valves, i'll be good for another 20 years.
        Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Are you putting plumbers grease on the washers?
          Last edited by gear junkie; 08-06-2008, 07:30 AM.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Looks like a Gerber seat

Comment

51st AVE and Thunderbird in the strip center where the ace hardware is, there is an excellent homeowner plumbing supply store. It's homeowner friendly.

You may also want to try sine hardware

Also at Grand and 91st AVE there is a plumbing supply..where Junior's tools used to be it's on the SW corner. they seem to carry a good supply of stuff.

I doubt Home Depot or Lowe's will have anything you need.

Looking at the photo I say replace the entire unit! I have a 1966 vintage home and it was built before building insectors arrived in Arizona! I have found it's easier, cheaper, less frustrating to replace than trying to repair.

I recall going to Payless cashways and the guy saying "gosh! I haven't seen anything like that in 25 years"!!!! So get new good quality, do it right the first time and then you won't have problems for another 20 years!

Cactus Man

Comment

Thanks Cactus Man. I know Sine hardware, Ed Sine was a coach at Washington High School when I was there! LOL

I'll pull a valve out and go for a drive. It's not too far from me. Also have two Ace hardware's close by too.

Comment

Well, i'm still looking and thanks to one email I got suggesting an Eljer, I found http://www.faucetpartsplus.com/product_p/405583.htm Sure looks like it. It is the closest I've seen. Whaddyathing? Maybe I need to email them and see if the measurements are the same. Cool!

Mark

Comment

very good call whoever found the stem

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

That was compliments of Big Jim!!

I will call them tomorrow and see if they will be kind enough to measure one. It appears that the 60 dollar price includes all three complete valves? Would that be a correct assumption?

Mark
                      Last edited by The Wood Meister; 08-07-2008, 09:54 PM.

Comment

what about ridding yourself of those troublesome old valves and install a single handle pressure balanced shower body? you could use this to avoid tile work once the old two handle body is removed.

http://www.efaucets.com/detail.asp?P...LAID=205673913
                        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Finer.....that would work fine. I know I "should" bite the bullet and upgrade the entire assembly but my plumber buddy is in the middle of building his own house and I hate to ask right now. I just did his whole house full of cabinets trying to get them settled in. His wife needs a kidney transplant and HE is going to be the donor. They need to be in the new house so they have room for a live in nurse after the surgery. For now, 60 bucks is ok to buy me some time.

Mark

Comment

Boy I would have been wrong on this one I was thinking it was a central brass stem at first glance or maybe a Gerber
                            I guess I dont see enough eljer faucets in my neck of the woods

Comment

Working...
                            X