Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dryer Duct

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
    i dont know any inspector in the bay area that will pass a dryer duct going through roof without blower.. big fire hazard
    A blower prevents buildup in a vent?...HUH

My guess is a dryer can still flash the lint that will inevitably collect,with or without(may be why we allow it) which might be better than a prolonged burn caused with a larger lint amount.

Comment

Sounds like his best answer (without pics ) is to just tap the garage hookup and send it out the nearest wall.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Sounds like his best answer (without pics ) is to just tap the garage hookup and send it out the nearest wall.

J.C.
        Not that any of this matters,he's already done and having a beer on the porch.

But I disagree,sorry J
        he's got to run the pipe,have that dirty thing collect dust and get in the way of everything and last but not least penetrate the brick cleanly then come up with a waterproofing answer.

I'd go to the attic.

Comment

Bump that. I disagree with you too.

J.C.

Comment

Bump that. I disagree with you too.

J.C.
            and there it is.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              I've not seen nor heard of this in my area.What jurisdiction?
              I would be curious to know as well. The only jurisdiction I know of which has an exception to the UMC as related to dryer vents is the Southern Nevada Code which allows you to eliminate the back draft dampers (dumb) if it terminates on the roof.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

PLUMBWORKER, Guess It's obvious! These Boys never Met Dan Shea District 5 S.F. ,

BLESS HIS SOUL
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  PLUMBWORKER, Guess It's obvious! These Boys never Met Dan Shea District 5 S.F. ,

BLESS HIS SOUL
                  So what?
                  Haven't met the legend Henry the VIII either.Heard some cool stories out of his era as well.

Comment

There have been many good suggestions and I have not decided yet until I look for a trap that will allow me to clean the pipe. I have decided to go through to the attic and out the side wall becuase the attic above the garrage is wood on the side and will be a lot easier to do.
                    The only thing nobody has mentiones is moving. Can't do that so will have to fix it. Will the blower move more lint out?
                    Thanks to all who have been giving me advice. Being an old computer maint. man my plumbing has been to change faucets and washers. Had to unstop the line from the sink to the main trunk going out last night.

Thanks James

Comment

Not sure which is better without seeing the project. Seems like an attic run would be more difficult to maintain. I wouldn't go through the roof because.......THAT"S ANOTHER HOLE IN THE ROOF.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post

BLESS HIS SOUL
                        No but I have read the amendments and with the exception of some administrations stuff there are limited amendments addressing boilers and incinerators.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark, This is how it works. He comes up with some ideas that arn't in code, or amendments.
                          I am not in a position to battle with this. I'm sure You have ability to go there. I just want the job to get signed off. Other insps. have told Me , "If Dan past Your work, You'll never have problems with the rest of Us. I choose My battles carefully. He's a nice man and We get along. When Itell the other Insp. what He had Me do ,They shake their heads. By the way ,My SF Arct. said Yesterday. Busted for no permit in SF is now 9 times the permit fee!
                          Thats' enough to keep us all honest!
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Not sure which is better without seeing the project. Seems like an attic run would be more difficult to maintain. I wouldn't go through the roof because.......THAT"S ANOTHER HOLE IN THE ROOF.

J.C.
                            I agree with ya.I said attic specifically cause once up there homeowners can find different options,existing roof dormer vent,gable vent,Blah,Blah,Blah.I would never tear into a roof as my first,second,third,or what option my friend.

Comment

The attic above the garrage is very easy to get to and is just above the exit for the pipe from the laundry room. I will come out of the wall of the laundry room, go up to the attic and then it is a straight run to the west wall of the attic. There is also a vent that I might use also on the west wall but that would mean another two angled pipes where going through the wall is a straight shot. I am looking into the aux fan if you think it would make it better.
                              James

Comment

They go through the roof all the time in Texas, and it don't work too well.

Willy

Comment

Working...
                                X