X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plumbing help

my mom's health is declining and her house needs help with the plumbing in the two bathrooms. Both drain slowly and the showers don't work. She lives in Garland, TX and had called someone before, she said they snaked through the roof vent and nothing happened. They apparently told her she has broken pipes..... Everything else drains fine except for the showers that I know of. Her house hvac wasn't working and I changed out the thermostat to a new Honeywell digital as hers was an old whites-rodgers mercury bulb analog type that was a pain for her to control the temp where she wanted it. It was just over 100 degrees here yesterday, over 90 in the house and hotter in the attic where the hvac unit is located.

I'm here visiting for a few days and have no tools except for a few of her screwdrivers and pliers. I don't have access to a computer so I'm doing all of this from my phone. My brothers that live here in TX don't know how or what to do to fix it. I'm basically looking for someone to take on the job and that's in the trade so she doesn't have any more issues and can do the job right.

Thanks,
    Ed
    Last edited by egecko; 08-15-2008, 02:19 PM.

Re: plumbing help

just need someone to come and check out/clear the pipes on the Dallas, TX area. I'm here until Monday afternoon and then I fly back to Washington state.

Comment

There was a member on for awhile called "Lonestar Drain" out of TX. I want to say they were near Dallas. Look them up and see if they're near your mother.

J.C.

Comment

i had a great experience with Tri-Cities Plumbing back in May when we were getting Mom's house ready to sell. her house was in Bedford. Don'tknow if the do Garland but it's worth a call and maybe they can recommend someone.

good luck.

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

This man in Richardson Personal Plumbing has done some excellent work for me

Comment

thanks all, i'll look into them as much as my phone allows me to. I also found our that the by she used was a handyman because she showed me the card. Uugghh!

Comment

watch out for handyman, they usually know enough to get in trouble. but swear they know it all. how can somebody be thirty five and a master plumber,electrican,carpenter,mechanic,sheetrocker, painter, etc
              sigpic
              30+ years as a plumber
              6 years in the Air Force

Comment

this is what makes this forum #1 people helping others when they need some help

hats off to all that are trying to help him out
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                X