Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Using old ferrule and nut with new angle stop valve

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    You're both outa line,bustin the kids A$$ Ridgid owns the site,and they made the choice to help DIYers. Don't wanna help,don't. Don't obstruct someone that does. Ease up!
    As soon as you tell me you've hired a plumber on a project of yours, I'll respect your wish.

Comment

I am licensed to do My own Plumbing in My state,and I allways will.
      I could give a flying Fk what YOU or anyone else thinks. Is that clear enough!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

So what are you really trying to say? Your meaning is still a bit foggy.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Holy crap this guy is gonna have a heart attack. Tell us how you really feel tool.

Comment

Then you can completely relate to why I don't give a flying f what your opinion is either....get it?

Comment

This post is pretty useless, but I just busted out laughing at Dunbar's avatar. I don't know why I didn't notice it until now
              YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

You're both outa line,bustin the kids A$$ Ridgid owns the site,and they made the choice to help DIYers. Don't wanna help,don't. Don't obstruct someone that does. Ease up!
                tool, i've said it before and i'll say it again.

no need to because you've said it like i do

this forum is open to all.

to post a question or comment on a question all that's needed is to sign up.

there is no reason why a person who ask a question, can't get a legitimate answer.

if you don't want to participate, then don't.

i'm tired of hearing all the excuses for not giving advise or help.

this forum is here for sharing knowledge.

honestly, if you don't want to help, then don't participate.

there are plenty of other forums where you can debate caulking toilets between pros

thanks tool for reminding me why i come here

thanks arron for coming here and putting up with all the cr@p. it will put you way above the rest

i need a vacation

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

At least we now know you've taken the time to peek in, you may have missed the fact that it has grown immensly, possibly more traffic than here, maybe thats from the exposure you've given it.

Putting down an entire forum, some members whom you might know, isn't the smartest act of diplomacy.

But then, you haven exactly won a big following with a few fellow tradesmen, I think your blatent opinionations & insults on flat raters in the past may have sparked that.

Belittling a discussion on caulking toilets as if to say plumbing is boring...interesting.

As for Tool, he isn't the hired help, he had no place jumping in and ordering anyone around.
                  I spoke my opinion, he didn't like it and decided he had a right to tell me not to.

Kinda like what you just did.

Comment

the difference is i try to answer the questions that the people come here for.

i don't constantly complain about handymen and homeowners.

this forum is open to all. not just tradesmen.

when are you going to understand that?

if you have nothing but bitterness to add, then you really don't need to be here.

i rather doubt the people looking for advise would miss you.

you already admit you have a problem with do it your selfers.

sorry, but this is a forum for all, including do it your selfers.

glad i sent some to the other forum.

maybe you should join them since you want nothing to do with helping others outside of the plumbing trade.

interesting that i help out more of my own customers that i never charge a dime for, yet i have more work than i can get to

stick to the political discussions and leave the plumbing discussions to the plumbers and others that actually come here to offer/get help, not excuses.

if this sounds harsh, it is a reality check.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Harsh?
                      Not at all.

I joined this forum hesitantly over a year ago, you were certainly not why I joined, you certainly wouldn't be a reason I'd quit.

I think reading some of Plumdogs posts as a non-member sparked my interest.
                      Watching you amaze yourself was a deterent....truth be told.

I have friends here, surprising as you may find it, there's alot more to this forum than you, sit down and let that sink in if you have to, it's true.

As for my opinions on DIY, tonight was a tough night, maybe a full moon...I have my opinions and you telling me I'm not entitled doesn't change a thing, same goes for the Tool, regardless how many times he tells me to take a flying (you know what).

In my state, offering DIY info is almost as ludicrous as offering info on how to rob a bank.
                      Other states it's different, sorry, thats just how it is, if you don't like it inform my state board, tell them they're wrong.

Don't mistake yourself as harsh though, trust me, you're not.

Comment

If your not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem. If we don't protect our trade, who will?

The Baltimore Resolution 1884

In reguards to shoddy plumbing practice and inferior materials a group of Master Plumbers drew up this resolution which was the foundation of professional plumbing standards and practices. See how times have changed.

Whereas, the manufacturing and wholesale firms in plumbing materials persist in selling to consumers, to our injury and detriment, placing us toward our customers in the light of extorsionists, causing endless trouble; and

Whereas, The system of protecting us from this wrong, which draws in it's wake other wrongs, is innefective; it is absolutly necessary to perfect such a system, by united action, which will remove these evils from which we have suffered for years; therefore be it

Resolved, That we withdraw our patronage from any firm manufacturing or dealing in plumbers material selling to others than master plumbers.

Resolved, That the manufacturers of gas fixtures, selling to consumers shall not recieve the patronage of any master plumber.

Resolved, That the master plumbers shall demand of the manufacturers and wholesale dealers in plumbing materials to sell goods to none but master plumbers.

Resolved, That this association shall keep a record of all journeymen and plumbers who place in buildings, plumbing material bought by consumers of manufacturers or dealers.

Resolved, That and manufacturing or wholesale dealers, dealing in wrought iron pipe, who sell to consumers shall not receive our patronage.

Resolved, That a commitee be appointed by this association in every state and county, for the purpose of reporting to the proper officer at it's head in the state any violation of these resolutions.

Resolved, That these measures are just and necessary to our welfare, and a rigid enforcement is demanded.

Resolved, That this convention endorse the above, and urge upon the national association to perfect and adopt a uniform system of protection for the trade over their entire jurisdiction.

So what ever happened to the "governing body"? Did the PHCC take the reins?
                        sigpic

Comment

" IN MY STATE " "IN BALTIMORE ,IN 1812,WE HUNG 1200 HANDY MEN "
                          "IN BOSTON,I USE TO BAKE BEANS" " NY ,WE EAT THOSE BEANS"
                          Ask ubama there's 52 states, There are different plumbing,and building codes .
                          Nice of the Young feller to help a Gal in need !
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

NHMaster3015 IN one way you confuse me more than any one on the DIY issuer,

If I understand correctly you teach High School kids plumbing, is that correct?

My guess is they do not have there Plumbing Apprenticed card, is that correct?

and in past posts when the DIY discussion you basically said that unless one has met the requirements of the pluming board of the state one should not touch any thing on there own, (which normally means 4 years of on the job work experience, and some schooling and passing a test).

SO what are your students trained for?
                            I would venture to guess that most become DIY people, when it comes to there own plumbing, in the future, and yet even with your guidance by your own words there not adequately trained to DIY.

Honestly I am not trying to pick a fight, but I do not understand the thinking,

As a "teacher" of high school kids, I do not understand the position you take.
                            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                            attributed to Samuel Johnson
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                              NHMaster3015 IN one way you confuse me more than any one on the DIY issuer,

If I understand correctly you teach High School kids plumbing, is that correct?

My guess is they do not have there Plumbing Apprenticed card, is that correct?
                              I think he teaches the HS kids to become plumbers not DIYers; and I assume they all have the appropriate state apprentices cards. At the HS I went to in NY, you had the option of vocational training for 1/2 the day; so you could learn how to become a truck mechanic etc. I assume his program is just like that.

Teaching plumbing otherwise would make no sense; you might as well use the time to teach the kids some other skill.

Comment

I thought Ridgid owned this board? I didn't realize members had the authority to kick people out. Hmmm

Comment

Working...
                                X