X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water pressure off the chart!

That hex nut isn't a pressure regulator. I'm still trying to puzzle out the whole thing - like what's that long thing alongside the meter? None of what you're using would work here because of our cold winters. But it appears that the pipes actually go in and out at the top end of the picture and the bottom of the pic shows a sort of loop-around. It would be easier to tell if that end were cleared out better.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
      That hex nut isn't a pressure regulator. I'm still trying to puzzle out the whole thing - like what's that long thing alongside the meter? None of what you're using would work here because of our cold winters. But it appears that the pipes actually go in and out at the top end of the picture and the bottom of the pic shows a sort of loop-around. It would be easier to tell if that end were cleared out better.
      It is a service yoke for the meter. It usually would be installed below the meter so the meter is more accessible when the pipes are deep in the ground. It is unusually to have the yoke at the surface.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

now that i took another closer look at it. the piece looks like a spacer that allows for the meter to sit above the soil and also allows for simple meter change outs since the the swing joints don't affect the customers connection.

very similar to how our gas meters are set on the manifold.

also appears that there is a service shut off at both the inlet/ corporation cock and outlet.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

mark i guess as the administrator you have special access to my thoughts before i post by delaying me 1 minute

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Anybody have a good guess at the manufacturer of this meter? Trident or Hersey maybe?
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              now that i took another closer look at it. the piece looks like a spacer that allows for the meter to sit above the soil and also allows for simple meter change outs since the the swing joints don't affect the customers connection.

very similar to how our gas meters are set on the manifold.

also appears that there is a service shut off at both the inlet/ corporation cock and outlet.

rick.
              Are we all looking at the same picture?

I see a water meter without a valve on the inlet and a dual check valve on the house side

The ring shaped thingy in the bottom of picture may be a valve, not sure

The bar across the bottom is just the meter yoke not a waterway

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

I see a water meter without a valve on the inlet and a dual check valve on the house side

Yeap that's what I see as well. I figure the ring is where the pad lock goes when you don't pay your bill. I'm not sure why the yoke is installed so high but that is what it is.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

bill that ring shaped thingy at the bottom center is the eye of the shut off when they lock you off for not paying. you should know that

i tried to mark the spot. but i can't seem to get it to stay where i put the mark so here it is above this spot.

rick.
                  Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 08-24-2008, 07:22 PM.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

bill that ring shaped thingy at the bottom center is the eye of the shut off when they lock you off for not paying. you should know that

rick.
                    I always wondered what those rings are for

Never have found a lock on a water meter. Seen plenty of locks on gas meters

Here, the water department just takes the whole damn meter and sending unit out when you don't pay the bill

Comment

I always wondered what those rings are for

Never have found a lock on a water meter. Seen plenty of locks on gas meters

Here, the water department just takes the whole damn meter and sending unit out when you don't pay the bill
                      I don't think they even bother here, the shut meter and I think even shut off are inside my house. If you have a delinquency at the end of the year; they add it onto your tax bill. So if you don't pay the water bill, and then don't pay your tax bill, they can take your entire house. In Suffolk County there was a news story about the county repossessing a million dollar house for a few thousand dollar tax bill (and the county pockets keep the difference).

Comment

i tried to mark the spot. but i can't seem to get it to stay where i put the mark so here it is above this spot.

rick.
                        THAT VALVE YOU HAVE POINTED OUT IS A ONE WAY CHECK VALVE INSTALL BY THE CITY WHEN THEY UPGRADED YOUR METER AT SOME POINT ! !
                        IT'S TO PREVENT YOUR WATER FROM MIXING WITH THE CITY WATER PER. E.P.A. REG'S.
                        THAT IS WHY YOU NEED A THERMAL EXPANSION TANK !
                        JERRYMAC
                        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
                        X