Help with gas pipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with gas pipe from the great oz

OK M. P. You can come out from behind the curtin now!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: Help with gas pipe

Just off the phone with another member, NO guys...it ISN'T ME!

I just got in, loooong day.
      Last edited by DuckButter; 08-20-2008, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Weasel Boy, you are a real Weasel.

Now get the **** outta here.
        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

We've created a monster.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Someone is obviously trying to play into my DIY stance, I have a sense of humor..got a laugh from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel Boy View Post
              I am installing a gas hot water heater and I heard that the gas company uses a lot of plastic pipe so I went to Lowes and got 3/4" pex pipe and some quest fittings to hook the gas from the meter to the tank with, but I can't find a fitting that goes in the meter.
              as much as i would help most people, this is not the time to do so.

i'll give you a quick lesson on gas pipe.

the gas companies and licensed plumbers/ contractors use a product designed for underground installation.

it's a hdpe pipe. it's yellow and is not available to unlicensed/ uncertified people. i rather doubt you would qualify as a licensed, certified installer of this product.

now what you might be looking for is csst gas pipe. this too requires the proper licensing and certification.

what is hdpe and csst

if you're a real tradesman, you'll know this and right from wrong.

so you see, i do use discretion with giving out advise

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

You should be able to get a reducing rubber fernco coupling to attach to the gas meter. The large end will go over the gas pipe connection and the smaller end will go over the pex fitting. If you tighten the fernco clamps properly, you'll be fine.

p.s. The above advice is completely sarcastic and should not be followed by anyone. Attempting your own gas work without the proper knowledge, licensing and local permits is illegal and can result in devastating property damage, severe bodily harm, or even death.
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Silly real estate developer, weasels don't run pipe!

Comment

I feel like I just left a high school DARE play.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                      You should be able to get a reducing rubber fernco coupling to attach to the gas meter. The large end will go over the gas pipe connection and the smaller end will go over the pex fitting. If you tighten the fernco clamps properly, you'll be fine.

p.s. The above advice is completely sarcastic and should not be followed by anyone. Attempting your own gas work without the proper knowledge, licensing and local permits is illegal and can result in devastating property damage, severe bodily harm, or even death.

Are you out of your mind Carl? Fernco's on a gas line, get real. You know he should be using Sharkbite gas fittings.......
                      The Other Rick

Comment

I like the fernoc idea. quick, cheap and adjustable. All you would ever want in a plumbing fitting.
                        sigpic

Comment

So thanks for making fun of me. I'm just trying to get this hot water heater running. Are you all saying that I can not use plastic pipe for the gas? I do not know what "csst" pipe is, but I'm pretty sure it does not take a rocket scientist to use it. I have found that most plumbing is pretty easy. I would maybe call a plumber to do it but most of them will not come out when I need them and then they charge an arm and a leg to do something that is really simple. You try to get a good plumber in Boston sometime.
                          Show Me The Money

Comment

I am trying, really trying to be civil here but I have to warn everyone that I'm inches away from either a Psycho-Rant or an aneurism, which ever comes first.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel Boy View Post
                              So thanks for making fun of me. I'm just trying to get this hot water heater running. Are you all saying that I can not use plastic pipe for the gas? I do not know what "csst" pipe is, but I'm pretty sure it does not take a rocket scientist to use it. I have found that most plumbing is pretty easy. I would maybe call a plumber to do it but most of them will not come out when I need them and then they charge an arm and a leg to do something that is really simple. You try to get a good plumber in Boston sometime.
                              weasel boy, honestly everyone really thought you were just pulling our leg as the question you posed was so off the wall dangerous.
                              if you are for real, then you really need to hire a licensed plumber.
                              sure getting the pipe from point a to point b is not rocket science, but doing it properly, safely, and to your local code is closer to rocket science than to clueless

if you do what you first posted, you will end up blowing up the house sooner than later. i doubt you want that

the only real advise i think you will get at this point is to hire a licensed plumber/ contractor.

the original question was so far off, that no one is going to take you serious as a knowledgeable diy'er.

sorry.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Thank you Rick for at least not being so ascerbic as the others. I can understand your concerns but as I said, I need this done by tomorrow for an inspection and there just is not enough money left in the budget to hire someone. Can I use copper pipe?
                                Show Me The Money

Comment

Working...
                                X