• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with gas pipe

Homeowner not only blows himself up, but takes out a city block
    Email this Story

Aug 21, 1:36 PM (ET)

By BRIAN SKOLOFF
    (AP) National Guard troops and local law enforcement officers wade through water in the Lamplighter...
    Full Image

Google sponsored linksHow To Make Solar Power - In Your Home For Under $200. Save Money, Electricity & Environment!
    Earth4EnergyNow.com

How to Get Solar Power - Get Solar Power for your Home Easy Intructions to Do it Yourself
    www.Earth4Energy.com

p {margin:12px 0px 0px 0px;}
    MELBOURNE, Fla. (AP) - An avid do it yourselfer took it upon himself to do some household repair projects. His first project involved a leaky faucet which required the national guard to come in and take care of the issue after millions of gallons of water escaped the duct taped water line connection. (see picture right)
    (AP) A man pushes his bicycle to his home in the Lamplighter Village neighborhood after rains from...
    Full Image
    "This is the worst I've absolutely ever seen it," White said.
    The water was also driving many alligators, snakes and other animals from their lairs. Emergency management spokeswoman Kimberly Prosser said Brevard County wildlife officers have received several calls about alligators and other animals spotted in flooded neighborhoods, but only two small alligators have been captured.
    "In the past we've usually had flooding in pockets. I don't know what the hell this
    guy did, but he made a mess out of my town," Prosser said.
    But when he tried to work with gas, things went horribly wrong. "It blew up real good!" said one neighbor. "All I could see was a toilet seat, some couch cushions and a pair of needle nose pliers flyin' through the air!"

(AP) National Guard troops search for residents in the Lamplighter Village neighborhood that need help...
    Full Image
    About 10,200 homes and businesses in Brevard County were without gas early Thursday, and about 134 people spent the night in shelters, she said. The county is home to NASA's Kennedy Space Center, which has been closed to most workers and all visitors since Tuesday. The center reported no significant damage.
    "We're never going to let this happen again." stated the town's Mayor. "We have decided to ban all do it yourselfers from buying anything related to gas line work, along with anything related to faucet aerators. The problems these un-
    taught, uneducated individiuals create is
    a huge burden on our community."

In Jacksonville, residents were told to expect this to be confined to a basement with no ability to drive to home depot or lowe's until a gps monitoring system is worn by this individual. Anyone caught bringing him supplies will be dealt with accordingly.

Wow..

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

WeaselBoy, I'd like to tell you to hire a licensed professional but I am not allowed too because this is the "Ask the Plumbing Experts" section.

J.C.

Comment

I just got a private message from Weaselboy and he is serious! He thinks gas pipe is 'no big deal' and that he just wants some help hooking it up, because he can't stand paying a plumber to do it...I tried to explain to him the liability involved but he just doesn't get it.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

this is sad.. you guys dont use galv or blk for natural in mass...?

Comment

We DO use BM on gas here, CSST is approved but silly to use in lieu of price.

Weasel, PM me your number if you really are from ther Boston area, I'm a licensed plumber in MA.

I'm pretty sure Josh can also look up his IP number, it should at least give an indicator of where this guy is posting from, I HIGHLY doubt he's from my area.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
              I just got a private message from Weaselboy and he is serious! He thinks gas pipe is 'no big deal' and that he just wants some help hooking it up, because he can't stand paying a plumber to do it...I tried to explain to him the liability involved but he just doesn't get it.
              Dude, this guys yankin' chains, period.

If he really wanted help, the last thing he'd do is completely insult the trade...think about it.

It's one of the regulars making noise.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel Boy View Post
                No. What's so funny? I'm just asking a reasonable question.
                Your 'reasonable' question as you put it is so far out there everyone is laughing too hard to even respond.

Is this is the base of your knowledge when it comes to gas fitting, you better stay in the truck and call someone in who does know what they are doing and is licensed to do it, cause you're gonna kill yourself and take someone out with you if you try to DIY.
                "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

You can't tell them to call a pro, this is the "Ask the Plumbing Experts" section.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    You can't tell them to call a pro, this is the "Ask the Plumbing Experts" section.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
                      And what if the plumbing experts recommendation is for them to call in a pro? Because that's what this job needs.
                      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Duck and I are from Boston , No way is this a brother. Here's a test SAY

PAAK DA KAA
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                          And what if the plumbing experts recommendation is for them to call in a pro? Because that's what this job needs.
                          It's against Ridgids corporate policy.

Comment

Here's the real test, have him tell us where the Sugah bowl is.

Comment

Better yet, If he says Bean Town he's out

Carl Yastremski
                              Bobby Orr
                              Doug Flutie
                              Johnny Havlicheck

Do you know who these guy's is?
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about. Again I just asked a question about using plastic pipe because I know the gas company uses it. They used it on this building. So I guess from Plumber Rick's post that the stuff they use is special. OK I get it. I found the advice on another site, those guys said to use csst which I probably can't get or steel pipe which I'm pretty sure Lowe's carries. So I'm glad you all had your laugh, but I have work to do.

And by the way Master I'm from Boylston.

Carl Yastremski played for the sox
                                Johnny Havlicheck for the Celtics
                                Bobby or for the Bruins
                                And Flutie played for BC, the pats and some canada team.
                                Show Me The Money

Comment

Working...
                                X