Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with gas pipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: Help with gas pipe

    Just called kid brother at Quantico. He's an instructor with FBI. He's crackin up over
    our Weasel. Asked If He could out Weasel. He laughed and said " If We can trace the
    UNA BOMBER. We can find UNA WEASEL " Kids will have a little hands on", He said

    " UNA WEASEL, YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED "
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: Help with gas pipe

      You mean, "I have crime to commit."

      J.C.

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: Help with gas pipe

        Originally posted by Weasel Boy View Post
        I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about. Again I just asked a question about using plastic pipe because I know the gas company uses it. They used it on this building. So I guess from Plumber Rick's post that the stuff they use is special. OK I get it. I found the advice on another site, those guys said to use csst which I probably can't get or steel pipe which I'm pretty sure Lowe's carries. So I'm glad you all had your laugh, but I have work to do.

        And by the way Master I'm from Boylston.

        Carl Yastremski played for the sox
        Johnny Havlicheck for the Celtics
        Bobby or for the Bruins
        And Flutie played for BC, the pats and some canada team.
        At least try to pressure test everything. I am surprised the gas company will even turn the meter on for you without a licensed plumber doing it and getting an inspection. How did you get a permit anyway, did a plumber let you use his license number?
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: Help with gas pipe

          Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
          At least try to pressure test everything. I am surprised the gas company will even turn the meter on for you without a licensed plumber doing it and getting an inspection. How did you get a permit anyway, did a plumber let you use his license number?
          They won't.

          I LOVE these ones.

          Gas co tells him he's outta luck till he gets a plumber or gas fitter, plumber see's work already done, marks it up twice as much for the sake of the insult factor.

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: Help with gas pipe

            I'm not trying to come off as mean, but it seems like Weasel Boy doesn't care about the people that will eventually buy his house. I'm not sure how the house will even pass an inspection when he sells it, unless it's a city where it isn't needed. Hopefully a private inspector will catch it (but probably not). It might just look like a water line to the PI.

            All I'm saying is, gas isn't something that should be messed with if you don't know what you are doing. If something does happen and you kill someone, guess who's going to jail and/or getting fined? And for what? To save a few hundred bucks and have it done right?
            YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

            Plumbing Reviews

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: Help with gas pipe

              I hope that this is a joke.... plllleeeeaaaasssseee be a joke. But seriously in Calgary( where i live) yesterday an apprentice blew up the back of a duplex, i crap you not. He was drilling a hole from the outside into the basement just above the outside grade line..... the 20 yr old apprentice( he might be an apprentice) drilled through the gas line on the inside and after he drilled through it obviously gas was pourin out... i smelt it and yelled to the couple in the up stairs of the duplex to evacuate..... they didnt have enough time to get out and the whole back half of the duplex was blown right off the house. The "kid" was seriously hurt and the couple upstairs was hurt but survived...... Moral of the story...... dont f with gas unless your a qualified person. Be safe
              if u cant bedazzle em with briliance, baffle em with bulls&*t

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: Help with gas pipe

                Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                I am trying, really trying to be civil here but I have to warn everyone that I'm inches away from either a Psycho-Rant or an aneurism, which ever comes first.
                Why not a psycho-aneurism? Just in the interest of saving time.

                Anyway, weasel boy, you have to be very careful if you're going to do your own gas work. If you screw up water piping - you get wet. You screw up gas piping - you get dead.

                There's a reason people get paid to do certain jobs, gas piping is one of those jobs.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: Help with gas pipe

                  Originally posted by row View Post
                  I hope that this is a joke.... plllleeeeaaaasssseee be a joke. But seriously in Calgary( where i live) yesterday an apprentice blew up the back of a duplex, i crap you not. He was drilling a hole from the outside into the basement just above the outside grade line..... the 20 yr old apprentice( he might be an apprentice) drilled through the gas line on the inside and after he drilled through it obviously gas was pourin out... i smelt it and yelled to the couple in the up stairs of the duplex to evacuate..... they didnt have enough time to get out and the whole back half of the duplex was blown right off the house. The "kid" was seriously hurt and the couple upstairs was hurt but survived...... Moral of the story...... dont f with gas unless your a qualified person. Be safe
                  So that was you in the news.
                  Others said they could hear it.Was it medium/high pressure.You guys and the lady and her child are very fortunate.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: Help with gas pipe CAAA , BAAOOOMMM

                    Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    So that was you in the news.
                    Others said they could hear it.Was it medium/high pressure.You guys and the lady and her child are very fortunate.
                    WRONG! They'd be fortunate, if YOU were on the end of the drill motor!
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: Help with gas pipe

                      We had a building with 2 or 3 businesses in it blow up here a few months ago. Somehow, the gent from the gas company had already started the evacuation since he smelled it as soon as he got there. Still, a handful or more were still in the building when it went. Somehow, noone died even though the building was completely leveled.

                      There's a reason the gas company responds to gas leaks quickly. You may call it easy stuff, but there is proper sizing to the BTU's, things to know about fittings like what can't be buried in drywall, what kind of valves and their location to the appliances, etc. There are also combustion air requirements that most DIYers aren't even aware of, and after just yesterday cleaning up a sooted boiler because the combustion air inlets were undersized and dirty, I'm telling you if you're running gas there is much more to it then the pipefitting. Your insurance company gets wind that you did the work yourself, they won't cover damage from it, either. Including your funeral costs.

                      Get someone who does mechanical work. You think plumbing is a rip, than you do what you need to get the license. By the time you get it, you'll know your worth EVERY cent.
                      sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: Help with gas pipe

                        I see on another thread that you pretty much think it's OK to burn gas inside a building and not vent it outside. Surprised you're still alive.
                        sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: Help with gas pipe

                          Originally posted by boillerman View Post
                          I see on another thread that you pretty much think it's OK to burn gas inside a building and not vent it outside. Surprised you're still alive.
                          Dude, I'm tellin' ya...this guys not for real.
                          Somebody's trying to yank my chain.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: Help with gas pipe

                            Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                            Dude, I'm tellin' ya...this guys not for real.
                            Somebody's trying to yank my chain.
                            I've decided it's gotta be Service Man for reasons stated in the poll.
                            sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: Help with gas pipe

                              Originally posted by boillerman View Post
                              I've decided it's gotta be Service Man for reasons stated in the poll.
                              Good guess. I know who it is, he PMed me after I called his bluff and outed him as a troll. But I am not telling until he does....
                              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: Help with gas pipe

                                This is definately the funniest thing I have read on the forum by far
                                Not only is he trying to do gas work by himself but also do a water heater
                                I am just glad that I dont live next to this guy
                                But If i was him I would just stick to duct tape . It usually does the trick for me when I am hooking up gas lines

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X