X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need sump pump pressure switch

I'd like to replace the pressure switch on my Rigid SP-330D submersible sump pump. I love the pump, it's a great sump pump, but finding a pressure switch for it is another story. I bought the pump at Home Depot and they don't sell the switch any more. I checked the rigid.com website listed in the owner's manual and there's nothing there about sump pumps. I called the 800 number in the owner's manual and they didn't know what I was talking about. Gave me another 800 number where I was told I needed to call another different 800 number. Upon calling that third number, I recognized the recorded message from the first number. But selecting a different option on the menu I got somebody who knew what I wanted but had a heck of a time finding it listed. Finally gave me a catalog number different from the one in the owner's manual. Told me to go online at rigidparts.com and plug that number into the search box. rigidparts.com looks like a parked domain; ie it's not an operating website. Plugging the number into the box did nothing. I found this forum on Google and I'm sure hoping someone can tell me where and how to get ahold of this pressure switch. Seems like Rigid doesn't want to sell replacement parts very much. Actually, it seems like they don't even want to be in the sump pump business at all any more, or at least they're not trying very hard. Which is a shame, because it's a first-class sump pump. But customer service is a nightmare.

Tim

Re: Need sump pump pressure switch

Originally posted by coaster View Post
    I'd like to replace the pressure switch on my Rigid SP-330D submersible sump pump. I love the pump, it's a great sump pump, but finding a pressure switch for it is another story. I bought the pump at Home Depot and they don't sell the switch any more. I checked the rigid.com website listed in the owner's manual and there's nothing there about sump pumps. I called the 800 number in the owner's manual and they didn't know what I was talking about. Gave me another 800 number where I was told I needed to call another different 800 number. Upon calling that third number, I recognized the recorded message from the first number. But selecting a different option on the menu I got somebody who knew what I wanted but had a heck of a time finding it listed. Finally gave me a catalog number different from the one in the owner's manual. Told me to go online at rigidparts.com and plug that number into the search box. rigidparts.com looks like a parked domain; ie it's not an operating website. Plugging the number into the box did nothing. I found this forum on Google and I'm sure hoping someone can tell me where and how to get ahold of this pressure switch. Seems like Rigid doesn't want to sell replacement parts very much. Actually, it seems like they don't even want to be in the sump pump business at all any more, or at least they're not trying very hard. Which is a shame, because it's a first-class sump pump. But customer service is a nightmare.

Tim
    Tim,

Try "ridgidparts.com" instead. (note the d in ridgidparts.com)

Charles

Comment

Well, ha ha, guess what......the websites I was at were rigid.com and rigidparts.com, NOT ridgid This makes a certain amount of difference!! OK, I found my pressure switch at ridgidparts.com and I guess I have to retract some of what I said. But in my defense, I'll bet this is a mistake that happens often, otherwise there wouldn't be those other web sites tryiing to pick of spelling errors. The company ought to buy those domain names, so customers who can't spell don't get so irritated.

But my spelling still doesn't explain away the telephone goose chase.

Oops, someone was posting while I was typing. Boy, what a day. Time for a cold one, I think.

Comment

Boat Anchor.

J.C.

Comment

not a common mistake for us die hard ridgid guys

Comment

How did he even find this forum if he was spelling Ridgid wrong ?

Comment

Google. Google can make sense of mispelled words.

Boat anchor?

Comment

Their pumps are boat anchors in my opinion.

J.C.

Comment

Ridgid pumps are boat anchors? How does one get to be a senior member in a manufacturer's forum calling their products boat anchors?

Anyway, a boat anchor was exactly what I needed -- big and heavy. This thing is so quiet compared to what I had in there.

Comment

Working...
                  X