gasoila and yellow tape

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gasoila and yellow tape

Hey guys, I,m running 3/4 black iron for diesel fuel feeding a generator set. Can I use yellow thread tape (fuel rated) and Gasoila on my fittings?

Re: gasoila and yellow tape

That's not a freebie question for me.I cannot say right off the top of my head.I'd have to research,and I'm feelin a little lazy.Been in and out of ditches all day,if you know what I'm sayin'.I'm not putin' my name on it yet.More East Coasters work with these types of feuls more often.
    Sorry

Comment

Use Megalocâ„¢. Its rated for Diesel, and just about everything else. I use it for just about everything with threads.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

yes gasoila no on the teflon. No reason for the teflon. If can tear up and get clogged in the fuel injectors. This is one he77 of a big generator if you are running 3/4" pipe for diesel, normally its about 3/8" copper with flared joints

Comment

Service Guy, You RAT! By the time I had the MEGALOC IN My hands [ from garage ]
          You posted. Good to go, as is ,,FORGET THE TAPE
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

It's a 150 KW cummins genset.

I know you guys have all kinds of preferences for dope and tape depending on pipe and contents in the pipe, I just can't have a leak and wanted to use both tape and dope.
            Ok or not?

Comment

Forget the teflon tape. If you put the fittings together properly with the proper pipe dope, then you are good to go.
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

just Megaloc and just on the male threads, If i remember correctly the BIG Cummins have a spin on filter before the injector pump so make sure you change that filter or have the filter changed after about 5 hours to make sure you dont get any extra dope, shavings etc. past the filter they will DESTROY your inector pump and then you will cry when you see that bill!

Comment

Yea, there is a filter there. Customer is US Military. I will "encourage" them to service the filter after several hours of use. They're good about that.

By the way, the genset serves a 140' -14" well. A 480 volt, 125 hp pump does the work.

Comment

And if your an electrician why are you doing this type of work?!
                    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Easy there Brother dont get too unionized on us. No reason he cant run a fuel line on a piece of Generator. You guys dont complain about the site guys running water amin do ya?

Comment

With a generator of that size I doubt moneys a problem, so why cut a corner?
                        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Well I agree but that is kind of a grey area IMO especially if it is a union job, technically it would be an operating engineers job, but if there is none on the job it really doesnt make sense to call one out just to run a foot of pipe. On most of my jobs the generator suppliers guys either hook it up or the electrician, if it was LP or Nat. Gas then a plumber would be involved buy a relatively non volatile fuel such as diesel is fair game

Comment

... I mean, the generator is ONLY $30,000 grand by itself. This has nothing to do if the job is union or not, if the guy has to ask about proper sealant methods, sounds to me that he has little to no experience at all.
                            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

I honestly don't know, this is why I'm asking.

Who is licensed to run piping for diesel fuel? I've never had too.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X