X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Pipe Dies

What is the difference in the pipe dies sold by Ridgid? Ridgid's web site shows the following models: 00-R, 12R, 11R and 00-RB. What are the advantages of each. Does each model require a different rachet?

thanks,

Tom

Re: Ridgid Pipe Dies

Each one of the dieheads does take its own ratchet. The 12r, 11r, and OOR all use the same die segments. These are for pipe. The difference is how go into each ratchet and the available sizes. The 12r and 00r are all called exposed ratchet sets as the pawl in teh ratchet is out (exposed) and hooks into the lobes of the diehaed. The 11r ratchet the pawl is inside (enclosed) of the casting. They all give you the same thread. The 00rb is for doing bolt, it also has its own ratchet but only uses one die, called a button die for threading bolt. The 00rb can only be used on up to one inch bolt. Hope this helps.

Comment

Had me worried with the title of your thread.
      I had a bout with hemeroids latly but I am still kicking.

Comment

oor is from 1/8 to 1". and 12r is from 1/8 to 2". both use alloy dies and high speed dies. both use different ratchet handles. the oorb is for bolt threading . it use unc thread dies or unf thread dies. and also uses a different ratchet handle.

Comment

Working...
        X