Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Quality Shower Fixture

Hi Guys,

I'm renovating my bathroom and replacing my shower faucet, shower head and shower taps. I'm looking to purchase good quality replacement. Can someone recommend a brand which makes a good quality product? (i.e. moen, kohler, etc)

I'm currently looking at using one of those water saving Oxygenics shower heads but I'm unsure which spout/diverter and tap to go with. Any advice is much appreciated.

TIA,
    Curt

Re: A Quality Shower Fixture

You are going to get many different answers on this question. Every plumber has there favorite. My favorites are Delta and Moen. That being said, I don't think you can really go wrong with one of the name brand shower valves purchased from a plumbing supply store. Moen, Delta, Price Pfister, Kohler, and American Standard are all reliable valves. Avoid Glacier Bay, Pegasus, Wolverine Brass, and Danze like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
      You are going to get many different answers on this question. Every plumber has there favorite. My favorites are Delta and Moen. That being said, I don't think you can really go wrong with one of the name brand shower valves purchased from a plumbing supply store. Moen, Delta, Price Pfister, Kohler, and American Standard are all reliable valves. Avoid Glacier Bay, Pegasus, Wolverine Brass, and Danze like the plague.
      I second this. Go with what is known and reliable. Buy something that looks and feels high quality. Since it will be buried behind tile, you want it to last a few decades.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

One company I would advise you to avoid is Sayco/Briggs.

If you really want to narrow down your choices, buy one made in the U.S.A.
        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Regarding a shower head..check out the speakman S-2005HB

In an older posting I was looking for the perfect shower head....
          anyway I found the oxygenics to be ok but they sound like a jet plane engine..They are noisy and really effect the quality of the shower. They do offer a strong narrow flow.

The speakman has adjustable jets and also has a massage function. A secret here...
          shhh don't tell anyone but if you remove the small "O" ring from around the
          filter screen you increase the water flow and you experience an excellent shower.

I actually think that is also stated on the Speakman website.

I recently had my home re-plumbed and I'm satisfied with the Delta fixtures installed in the tub and shower area.

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmer1 View Post
            Hi Guys,

I'm renovating my bathroom and replacing my shower faucet, shower head and shower taps. I'm looking to purchase good quality replacement. Can someone recommend a brand which makes a good quality product? (i.e. moen, kohler, etc)

I'm currently looking at using one of those water saving Oxygenics shower heads but I'm unsure which spout/diverter and tap to go with. Any advice is much appreciated.

TIA,
            Curt

Delta r1000 series shower body!!! You have sooo many options if you get tired of it in 10 years without haveing to open the wall and change the plumbing!!! You will thank me!!! And parts are EASY to come by!!!

Comment

If you're interested in something that's a little more "green," then I'd recommend one of Moen's Rothbury or Fina collections. They are both WaterSense labeled - meaning they meet the EPA's criteria for efficiency and performance. It's important to note that "water efficiency" doesn't just mean less water; what's the point in a weaker flow if you have to shower twice as long to get the soap out of your hair? Moen tries to maintain the same kitchen and bath experience you'd get with a standard faucet with every new WaterSense labeled product to hit the market. For some more information on the Rothbury or Fina lines, check out this link:

Rothbury - http://www.moen.com/bathroom/rothbury
              Fina - http://www.moen.com/bathroom/fina

Comment

The shower head and the tub spout are independent of the valve, so you can choose anything. Speakman is a brand favored by a lot of hotels, but there are many others. I love to have a hand held shower.

For the valve, it is hard to beat the Delta R10000 for the reasons already mentioned.

Comment

The folks at Amazon rate this Delta Faucet shower head really high. I ordered a few myself. I think they are great. Spray pattern is just right. At 2.5gpm it is leaps and bounds better than my prior 2.5 gpm shower head. It does not spray in streams. It scatters the water around so you essentially have infinite streams. Watch Delta's little promo page here.

Comment

Working...
                  X