X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEP-500 1/2 HP residental semage pump question

It has recently just started to trip the Ground Fault on the outlet. Pump by itself doesn't trip it. But when I have it plugged in through the switch and the water feels up enough to fire the pump, the GFI trips right away. I tried on another circuit and it did the same thing. I feel like the switch is bad, but just wanted to double check before I tore it out.

Thanks for any help or input.
    Joe

Re: SEP-500 1/2 HP residental semage pump question

the float switch needs replaced--u confirmed it in ur test--pump alone works fine---when mated with switch, it fails---this means time for a new switch---
    good luck

Comment

Re: SEP-500 1/2 HP residental semage pump question

Concur that you need to replace the float switch. On a side note. I am not a big fan of the "SEP-500 1/2 HP". I thought it had poor design. You can not adjust the base from pump, to reposition the location of your float if needed. If it turns out your float is under the outfall of the sewage pipe, sewage waste will accumulate on the float and it will not function as designed. Most of your pumps allow you to unbolt the base and rotate it. Also there is not ring or handle to assist with lowering the pump in the sump. Finally its all plastic, so its light and will rattle more than a cast iron pump.

Comment

Working...
      X