Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help ME before I RIP my head off!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please help ME before I RIP my head off!!!!

Sadly, it has been awhile. We have three toilets in the house, and we have been using the one that is working while I have been trying to fix the two clogged toilets. First we plunged and plunged, then we bought a snake auger, then we bought liquid plummer, then I tried to vacuum one of the toilets, then I lifted a toilet, then I tried a hanger, and used a flashlight looking in both ends, but nothing.

Comment

When we say FLANGE we are talking about the hole in the floor after you remove the toilet
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Aaron, if something small was lodged, and some water could get by would the water go up and down?

What would be your next step?

Comment

A: Please don't use Liquid Plumber any more. It's acid and is bad for everything involved, including your septic system if that's what you're on.

B: Are you looking with a flashlight and mirror?

C: The water that is moving up and down, is that standing water in the drain pipe itself? And are you on a septic system or a city sewer system?
          sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Yes, I know what the flange is. I also looked in the flange with the flashlight, and saw nothing but water. I have one toilet lifted, and that is the only one that I saw the water moving up and down after turning the shower on.

Comment

Just to clarify: when you run water in shower it is causing water to move at the flange?

When you run water at sink it is not effecting anything?
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

It is standing water that goes up and down

and

we are on a septic system

Comment

Do you have a river birch tree in your yard?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Inside joke with forum members

Comment

Gene, That is correct!

Comment

Ok Gene, a river birch tree through me off there, and I am already one card shy of a full deck.

Comment

Go rent a snake from home depot and put the cable in the toilet flange. This is the only way you're going to fix this other than paying for a plumber. Hope you have good medical insurance if that cable twists around your arm.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

You shouldn't see water when you look down the pipe (flange) after the toilet is pulled. If there is water there, than either the pipe is not pitched (running downhill) or there is an obstruction or both. If there is an obstruction, you need to figure out where it is, in the piping system or septic tanks or drain field. The toilet that works, is that on the same floor level?
                          sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

I have a toilet auger, and I put it in the flange, but did not feel or find anything

Comment

Originally posted by fixitmom5x View Post
                              It is standing water that goes up and down

and

we are on a septic system
                              Since you can't afford a plumber, what are you going to do if your septic tank needs to be pumped out?
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ben it seems you've changed your stance on the whole DIY thing, is that right?
                                Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Working...
                                X