X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dismantleing a cast iron boiler

I liked when we sere doing new stuff and i would just crane the boiler into the foundation with an excavator before the framers put the deck on, then i got into service and grew a hatred for that person when I had to "shoe horn" a new boiler down stairs though a door that was juuuuuuust big enough to fit the new boiler though!!

Comment

My back muscles are liking Florida...NO boilers!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
        I liked when we sere doing new stuff and i would just crane the boiler into the foundation with an excavator before the framers put the deck on, then i got into service and grew a hatred for that person when I had to "shoe horn" a new boiler down stairs though a door that was juuuuuuust big enough to fit the new boiler though!!
        Oh yea I forgot that one. Or the top floor of the gym where the stairs are the steel bolted on ladder, and you now need to rig an I-beam so you can use a chain fall to lift the storage tanks and boilers up.
        sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
          My back muscles are liking Florida...NO boilers!
          Come on pal...you can't tell me you DON'T miss the nice payday at the end of a boiler job!
          Last edited by DuckButter; 09-06-2008, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
            Come on pal...you can't tell me you miss the nice payday at the end of a boiler job!
            You mean.... you can't tell me you DONT miss the nice payday. Boiler installs are my favorite jobs.

Comment

I have to say a well plumbed boiler is quite a sexy thing like a bonderus... holy cow, you get a good fitter and it looks like a million bucks, get a hack that doesnt care what there work looks like.... a spaghetti of copper

Comment

Working...
              X