• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can I share my knoweledge with you?

Originally posted by myakka View Post
    Fixitmom
    Looks like you have found a home here.
    I may need your help with some prints left to me by my mother.This may not be the place and you may not be who I need. Are you familiar with 20th century artists? If not I may need to contact an Art historian/honest broker.
    Mike
    Check with a major, local auction house. Out here there is one day a month to get free appraisals from knowledgeable people. How coincidentally ironic
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Gear Junkie, before any debating started happening, I had offered advice that I had knoweledge on, and gave an update as to what the problem ended up being, how it was resolved, and gratification. I can appreciate and understand the debate though. I respect your view.

Duckbutter, Thank you. You are a great bunch. I love my husband, and my lil rats. My 6 year old told me today that god told him he could have two birthdays, and that today was one of them. He would never tell me god told him to do his homework, take a shower, or go to bed. While my husband is at work I care for the kids, the bills, and I am the handyman.

Comment

Myakka, you need to know the names of the prints, the artists, and the years if available. You can go to eBay, and enter the artist name in the item search field, and see what ones like yours are going for. You can also then click on advanced search and check the completed listings to see how much they have sold for.
        If you can't find them there, you can type the print information in your google search field, and you may be able to locate the approximate values that way.

Comment

You, and Sarah Palin rock !! Are You a HOCKEY MOM ?
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Toolaholic, I am not a hockey mom yet, but I am a pitbull

Comment

Originally posted by fixitmom5x View Post
              I feel addicted to you all, or is it plumberscrack that is capturing me?
              Oh momma, please don't toy with my emotions

Glad to see you might stick around a while

I'm an eBay addict

Comment

Well PlumbersCrack, well just like the shirt says; That's hot!

eBay is my saving grace. It is a wonderful way to buy and sell in my opinion.

I have found that I like it here too.

Comment

fixitmom5x
                  do you have any advice on what to do with people that will not help others with there plumbing problems

thanks for the offer to help us on the items in your first post
                  Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Well HVAC that is funny, but in all truth I have a difference of opinion than the folks that feel that helping others is a no-no because it takes business away from their brothers.

When I received the kind advice that was given to me by the folks in this forum, it gave me faith & respect for the people in this profession. I had renewed confidence to call a plumber because of the kindness displayed here.

Answering the questions that folks asked me here allowed me to accurately explain to what was wrong to my local plummer. In turn, he was able to diagnose my problem immediately telling me to call the city. In the future if I have a problem that goes deeper than a clogged toilet he will have my business, and I will refer everyone I know locally to him when they need a problem fixed.

If my out of town family or friends have a plumbing problem, I will come here to refer their business to someone in their area because I received good help here myself.

So, in essence, helping diy'ers figure out what is wrong with their toilet will not get you paid on this forum, but whether they are able to get help here to fix the problem themselves, or are pointed in the right direction to find a plumber who can fix the problem, it can generate business for fellow professionals, and can also generate future business for those here.

Also, if a diy'er is determined to do a job themself, they will find the how to information whether it be here, from a book, or from an internet search. Knoweledge on how to do anything can be obtained for free from the resources mentioned above.
                    Last edited by fixitmom5x; 09-04-2008, 09:29 PM.

Comment

"Also, if a diy'er is determined to do a job themself, they will find the how to information whether it be here, from a book, or from an internet search. Knoweledge on how to do anything can be obtained for free from the resources mentioned above."

well put FXMOM.

Are you sure you were not a Plumber or Drain cleaner in your former life?
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Toolaholic, I am not a hockey mom yet, but I am a pitbull
                        With or without the lipstick? or is that the only difference? (I forget the joke)

Comment

Gene, I think I lived a luxurious lavish life previously on the beaches of cabo san lucas, mexico enjoying cool beverages, and gourmet foods cooked by a famous chef, and brought to me by my butler of course.

Tchads, sometimes ala naturale is good, and sometimes lipstick is nice too. I can pull off both.

Comment

Gene, I think I lived a luxurious lavish life previously on the beaches of cabo san lucas, mexico enjoying cool beverages, and gourmet foods cooked by a famous chef, and brought to me by my butler of course.

Tchads, sometimes ala naturale is good, and sometimes lipstick is nice too. I can pull off both.
                            My wife led the same life, except the butler was a pool boy named Raoul.

Comment

That's funny, I think I saw that pool boy on Desperate Housewives.

Comment

Well HVAC that is funny, but in all truth I have a difference of opinion than the folks that feel that helping others is a no-no because it takes business away from their brothers.

When I received the kind advice that was given to me by the folks in this forum, it gave me faith & respect for the people in this profession. I had renewed confidence to call a plumber because of the kindness displayed here.

Answering the questions that folks asked me here allowed me to accurately explain to what was wrong to my local plummer. In turn, he was able to diagnose my problem immediately telling me to call the city. In the future if I have a problem that goes deeper than a clogged toilet he will have my business, and I will refer everyone I know locally to him when they need a problem fixed.

If my out of town family or friends have a plumbing problem, I will come here to refer their business to someone in their area because I received good help here myself.

So, in essence, helping diy'ers figure out what is wrong with their toilet will not get you paid on this forum, but whether they are able to get help here to fix the problem themselves, or are pointed in the right direction to find a plumber who can fix the problem, it can generate business for fellow professionals, and can also generate future business for those here.

Also, if a diy'er is determined to do a job themself, they will find the how to information whether it be here, from a book, or from an internet search. Knoweledge on how to do anything can be obtained for free from the resources mentioned above.
                                WHAMMO!

I think I'm in love

And to those of you that think that offering free advice to strangers is taking away from your "Brotherhood of Plumbing" should read the above.

Well said, momma

Is it OK that I call you momma or does it creep you out?

Comment

Working...
                                X