X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mobile Home PF shower tub valve assy

The city I live in has 8 trailer parks and well over a thousand trailers in all. We work on a lot of them. You can either beat your head against the wall trying to install quality stuff where quality stuff will not willingly go. Or buy cases of Phoenix trailer faucets and plastic lavs and plastic tubs and be done with it. Retrofitting with a decent faucet will take the better part of the day. Using OEM crap takes about 15 minutes.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help. The 1/4" seat wrench worked great on the cold stem, but the hot seems to be stuck and I am afraid to bear down on it in case i ream the 1/4" slot. I dont know if it is galded or simply bad water and salt buildup. Are there any tricks that I can try?. The seat is 21/32-18 x 1.5" in case anybody knows whereI can procure one.
      Last edited by IanL; 09-07-2008, 12:27 AM. Reason: wrong size stated

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
        Two things that define mobile homes:

1) cheap.
        2) thin walls.
        Add one more thing: Mobile homes do NOT have to comply with any plumbing codes!

Comment

Thanks all, the seatt is finally out and all is well. I think the secret was one of three things,
          1. Soak the base with vinegar
          2. Use a bigger hammer
          3. Fear of having to tell the wife I screwed it up and it would cost $500.00 to have a plumber replace the whole valve body.

Comment

Working...
          X