Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natural Gas Pressure Regulators

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Natural Gas Pressure Regulators

    Originally posted by boillerman View Post
    So why is the gas company raising your house pressure to 2 lbs? Did you get a generator or something?
    I wish.

    New grill that needs to go on the on the side of the house furthest from the meter with a pipe that's too small to support my CFH requirements at 4 oz.

    Thanks for taking the time to provide meaningful input. I recognize the cost variables of providing goods and services. I also recognize the correlation between cost and quality. Most importantly I recognize the danger of unqualified people working with gas, so I won't do it.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Natural Gas Pressure Regulators

      Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      Why not bring your own G.D. steak to the restaurant and have em cook it for you. Idiot
      Well that would voilate several health codes.

      But I'm encouraged that you are signing your posts approriately, Mr. Idiot.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Natural Gas Pressure Regulators

        No way to run a new line to it? I doubt the gas company around here would give anyone increased pressure for something like that.
        sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Natural Gas Pressure Regulators

          Doesn't seem like a guy like you is too worried about codes. At any rate, if you can get the supply house to sell gas regulators to an unlicensed homeowner let us all know. While you're at it, pick up a bottle of R134 for me.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Natural Gas Pressure Regulators

            Originally posted by boillerman View Post
            No way to run a new line to it? I doubt the gas company around here would give anyone increased pressure for something like that.
            I could, but I'd either have to go around the house making multiple turns and deal with the site of a pipe attached to the side of the house or incur the expense of a huge trenching project or tear up a mile of flooring and replace it.

            Gas company didn't object. They required permitting by the city and a small donation to their operating income account.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Natural Gas Pressure Regulators

              Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              Doesn't seem like a guy like you is too worried about codes. At any rate, if you can get the supply house to sell gas regulators to an unlicensed homeowner let us all know. While you're at it, pick up a bottle of R134 for me.
              Yet another unsubstantiated inferrence.

              I'd be happy to pick you up a can of R134a. But I'll have to charge you $1,000 for it.

              Or you can run down to your local auto parts store and pick one up for yourself for around $15.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Natural Gas Pressure Regulators

                I think you made a poor choice, or at least a gamble that I would not take. If your black iron gas system leaks at the higher test pressure(And you will need to test your whole house again) you will spend a ton on labor repairing those leaks. Plus why not keep the elevated pressure outside your house.
                I have ran piping for just this type of situation. The last one I did I ran special sleeved and vented CSST from the meter, trenched around the house, way out back, to a monster grill.
                Mike

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Natural Gas Pressure Regulators

                  Call em like I see em Bud. And lately I've been seeing way too many. Good luck. I've had enough fun badgering you.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Natural Gas Pressure Regulators

                    did you guys read my post about diy---when do we draw the line?????--this should qualify-- -diy'er--wait around , superplumber will walk u right through this, its only ur life thats wasted when u blow up

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Natural Gas Pressure Regulators

                      Originally posted by myakka View Post
                      I think you made a poor choice, or at least a gamble that I would not take. If your black iron gas system leaks at the higher test pressure(And you will need to test your whole house again) you will spend a ton on labor repairing those leaks. Plus why not keep the elevated pressure outside your house.
                      I have ran piping for just this type of situation. The last one I did I ran special sleeved and vented CSST from the meter, trenched around the house, way out back, to a monster grill.
                      Mike
                      Your points are well taken. Thanks for sharing your insights and experience.

                      The pressure test for the permit held and my plumber will perform another test when the gas company installs their new regulator and when he runs my new pipe and installs my new regulators. My plumber doesn't seem concerned and he has over 30 years of experience, so hopefully it will hold.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Natural Gas Pressure Regulators

                        Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                        Call em like I see em Bud. And lately I've been seeing way too many. Good luck. I've had enough fun badgering you.
                        You should consider vision correction.

                        Thanks for the "Good luck" wishes and likewise to you.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Natural Gas Pressure Regulators

                          I'm still scratching my head as we speak my friend. The whole world has gone absolutly bonkers. Some how gas piping has been reduced to a diy weekend project along the way. I'm just glad I live way out in the country so when the neighbor decided to play Bob Villia, it's only his house and family that get blown up. I know the guy is going to assure us all that he has no intention of doing the work and only wants to save a few bucks on the materials but honestly, how do we trust him? He might be telling the truth. He might be fishing. Either way, helping him steer his path twards disaster is not something I'm willing to do. Thanks to all of you that have not given specific advice here.

                          Now if you don't mind I'm off to the 99 with a nice porterhouse that hopefully I can get them to grill for me. After all, expensive though it was it's only a third of what they charge if I eat theirs.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Natural Gas Pressure Regulators

                            some know it all hack jumps on and starts insulting current senior members that answered his question to save him a headache and possibly his life--unreal

                            kdy, do u think anyone will tell u anything honestly after u come on a plumbers forum and ask a question, get a honest answer, and then insult the men that could have saved ur life if u attempted this and screwed it up---which im sure u would have as u are a diy----------

                            DUDE---GET A LIFE, REALLY

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Natural Gas Pressure Regulators

                              Originally posted by fixitmom5x View Post
                              Hi, if your plumber is established he should be able to get a better price on the regulator than you. It is the time and labor involved that the plumber charges for. If you feel the price is too high to pay the plumber you should be checking different plumbers, not different regulators. You might find that the price is what it should be based on the various quotes you get, or you might find that you should have a different plumber if you get lower quotes. Good luck.
                              Hit the nail on the head. Google Terry Love and his forum and they'll give you all the advice you want. Some may wonder why I would give someone this information? Thinning the herd. The dumb species shouldn't be allowed to pass on their genes.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Natural Gas Pressure Regulators

                                Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                                some know it all hack jumps on and starts insulting current senior members that answered his question to save him a headache and possibly his life--unreal

                                kdy, do u think anyone will tell u anything honestly after u come on a plumbers forum and ask a question, get a honest answer, and then insult the men that could have saved ur life if u attempted this and screwed it up---which im sure u would have as u are a diy----------

                                DUDE---GET A LIFE, REALLY
                                "some know it all hack"

                                Look at the thread and figure out who started slinging insults at whom. Looks to me like your master plumber questioned my integrity and had a little fun with "loser" animantion. And now you come out calling me a know it all hack.

                                Are you that threatened that people want to learn on a public forum? Why do you participate in a forum if you don't want to share information?

                                This all started with a question to understand what differentiates several different types of gas regulators.

                                I've stated my intentions all along. If you won't believe that, I can't make you.

                                I'm sure plenty of do it yourself-ers try to do things poorly informed and blame the sources of their information for their inabilities. It's unfortunate that they have caused some of those of you with the knowledge to withhold it from the rest of us.

                                I understand that you don't want to give advice in a vacuum. Fine, then say that, it can be done without name calling and belittlement.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X