Yet, I have another question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet, I have another question?

May I please stay? I feel like I can add to this forum. I am not able to do 95% of the stuff you guys can do, but I like it here, and I think I can add to this forum.

All of us have different occupations, you all have interesting views to bring to the forum, and so do I.

I am a voice from the other side, and I understand those not wanting to provide advice that shouldn't be given to unlicensed untrained individuals, and I understand unlicensed undertrained individuals not understanding that they should not do these jobs themselves. For that reason, just to mention one, I think I would be good to reply to both who post here.

So, plainly put, Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Re: Yet, I have another question?

Absolutely. The only ones that leave are usually spammers or force outs.

We're looking to grow to 8 billion members by 2013.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

There are several regulars here who aren't plumbers. A couple of them posted on your thread.
      sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Please, Stay.
        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

If nothing else you can always hang around for the entertainment value
          sigpic

Comment

All the cool people on this site voted and say you must go!

But since the cool people(all three of them) don't hang out here much, the rest of us will let you stay.
            Mike

Comment

YayI can't believe it. I don't know how this smiley got here, but that is my head jumping on a trampoline. Caryn

Comment

we are happy to have you here!

Comment

Look through CPW's posts, he's nothing at all related to a plumber.
                  However, his respect of our trade combined with his insights from the homeowners perspective have stimulated some great discussions.

I personally have no problem with non-plumbers tossing their two cents into a plumbing discussion as long as it's not for the sake of antagonism.

We tend to vent in this section, sometimes a homeowner may take offense, it's an outlet for us of sorts to vent everday frustrations we encounter and have in common...part of being a professional plumber.

What gets me is when non-plumbers start crossing the line into mis-using the professional plumbing forum to manipulate an agenda like DIY or price checking.

Comment

Hi Big Jim,
                    I am a native Floridian, and have been prepared as I could be for hurricanes. Hurricane Wilma blew a window in while I was putting my son in his crib for a nap. I thank god my back was in front of the window blocking him. We had a lot of damage that time. Ever since then, no matter how prepared we are, I am really scared of these storms. Ike is going to be bad. I am scared of that storm seriously. Fay just got us too, and flooded our streets real bad. It is not anymore comforting when the wind blows I make scaredy cat noises.

Comment

that must have been devastating Jim, I cant imagine how scared i would be if i saw water outside my door rising and knowing that there was nothing i could do... praying for it to stop rising before it flooded my home.

Comment

Wow Jim, I did not realize you were so close to me. My husband just recently finished a pipeline job by lake okochobee and port mayakka. We experienced flooding just like you. We also rescued baby birds in our backyard who were screaming their litte mouths off. I put them in an easter basket in one of our oak trees. So far, so good.

Comment

ewww, yuk! That was the biggest rain event I have ever experienced.

Comment

Yeah, and you really have to see that much rain on the ground in order to phathom it. Unbelievable.

Comment

stay
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X